Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I love cows

I have always loved cows. Unfortunately, I eat them. I wish I didn't. I have dabbled with Vegetarianism - and I was a Vegan for a month. I guess I am a addict.

I am so disgusted with meat and fish, I am down to only a few animals I eat. Chicken and Beef. That's it. Occasionally I will eat Pork - the husband does not. If we fish, we do catch and release.

I wonder do other people struggle, with this or am I the only one? I have cut down my meat intake drastically.  I wish I could sustain myself, on a vegetarian diet - however it only makes me crave meat more.

I saw this video yesterday for the first time and I cried.



8 comments:

  1. I struggle with this, too. We were vegetarians for a number of years, but we missed meat. I eat meat now, but I feel bad about it. I don't know how to solve the problem. I've tried fake meat and thought it disgusting.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell you it's an addiction. I grew up on meat. I don't eat it everyday. I'm also the only one in my family that feels this way. The husband went Vegan with me for a month but he too craved meat. He's fine with less meat though, so that's good. I find going total egalitarian makes me chubby. And I seem to lose weight when I stick to meat and green veggies.

      It is a dilemma.

      Delete
    2. vegetarian - I don't know how I got egalitarian?????

      Delete
    3. That surprised me! The Hurricane was a vegetarian and then a vegan all through high school and college. When she went to England to get her master's, her new boyfriend roasted a chicken for her. She started eating meat again and realized how much she had missed it.

      Love,
      Janie

      Delete
  2. This is a very touching video ( though I did not understand some of it.).
    I don't care for any kind of meat. My husband loves all kinds of meat and generally I cook meat only for him. I get my Protein from Milk, Yogurt and pulses. I love vegetables both cooked and fresh. Fruits and nuts are also staples in our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, men love their meat, don't they?

      Delete
  3. I also love cows and pigs along with lambs and chickens, all slaughtered and cooked.................lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts