Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I hate sore throat GERMS



Her facial expression totally CAPTURES that sore throat, scratchy feeling.


I'm BORED!  I woke up with a sore throat. Stayed up a few hours, then went back to bed. I'm trying to hold out for another hour, before I take a nap. It's almost 2pm and I am just now eating. I've been drinking hot peppermint tea.

I hung on for as long as I could, I guess. The Husband started it - then Navy got up, and Foodie. Char and I were the only hold outs. She's been sneezing though. I have pretty good immunities for all those years working in my daycare and as a nanny. I tend to get real sleepy - that is my body telling me I need to rest and if I don't listen to my body,  I'll get the full Monty.

Sore throats have to be the worse. Fortunately it's not THAT bad yet. Foodie told me, he was over his real fast, within a day or so - so I'm hoping this part is gone soon! Food doesn't taste as good. Everything smells to me too. I keep asking, "what is that smell?" and no one else smells anything.  What that has to do with sore throats, I don't know. Just thought I would throw that in.

I have all the doors and windows open because I am slightly germ a-phobic and NEED fresh air to make the germs go away. (if only in my head)  My mom used to do that when we were little.  When we were sick, she would just tell us to get our robes on, and pile a bunch of blankets on us, and she would air the house out for 15 minutes. I loved that fresh air - it always made me feel better.  I also keep a supply of toothbrushes - to change out after a cold or sore throat.

The husband and Char went to the store.  He brings me back some of that Canada Dry Ginger ale with cranberries that I like - and Haagen Dazs Chocolate ice cream. Both of which I have not had yet. Something to look forward to after my nap.












4 comments:

  1. I like Haagen Dazs Coffee... Don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah but when it comes to ice cream, I am chocolate all the way. I am so boring and predictable when it comes to ice cream.

      Delete
  2. Oh I feel your pain, as I also hate sore throats, but then who does like a sore throat you would have to be strange to like a sore throat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and we're not strange!!! LOL

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts