Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Do eccentric people have eccentric dogs?




I don't know what it is with me - every dog I own, gets extremely attached to me. They think I've given birth to them. I am the Mommy. 

Daisey Mae, is getting like that with me. She follows me around or has to know where I am. When I go to the bathroom, she sits outside the door. If I am in the bathroom, when she comes into the house, she will sniff under the door, to see if I am in there. Strange to hear, sniffing under the door.

When I am on my laptop, she sits nearby me, looking at me, with adoring eyes.

She sleeps in my room. She goes to bed when I go to bed. I feed her twice a day but sometimes, another family member will. She watches me cook. She loves to go "bye-bye" in the car with me. She loves to sit out in the backyard with me. When I come in, she comes in. She cries when she greets me.

When I leave the house, and she is alone - she will sit on the back of the sofa, which is in front of the living room window, (like a cat or small dog would) and wait till I come home. It's the funniest looking thing - this big German Shepherd mix, sitting on the back of the sofa.  I am content that, there is no funny business going on outside my house, when she sits there, waiting for me to come home.

Last week, I left her for a couple of hours and when I came home, she had attacked the Kleenex box, ripping the tissue into shreds. She had a guilty look on her face. Yesterday was gross. I was gone for about an hour and when we came home, she had dug in the kitty litter box in the bathroom.

I think she is acting out - Separation anxiety. German Shepherds are known to do this.

Today, she had a babysitter! Char came in and sat with her, while I was away.

Now that's not eccentric is it? Everyone has babysitters for their big dogs, right???

5 comments:

  1. My dogs have had babysitters at times. It doesn't seem eccentric to me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much better now!

      Delete
  2. My parent's dog goes to doggy day camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like a good idea

      Delete
    2. I know quite a few people who send their dogs to day care.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts