Saturday, January 04, 2014

Life is Good!


morning sunrise in Redding



I am on a roll - This weather we've been having has me enjoying these winter months more than I ever have. Of course droughts will do that. It's a false sense of security or sun. I know that the other shoe will eventually fall - maybe we'll even get some much needed rain. I am getting spoiled. Every day I want to get up and out in the sunshine. It's in the 30's at night and mid 60's and 70's during the day with blue skies and majestic mountains views - you can see for miles! So if you want a bit of winter, you have it at night. You bundle up, take a cold walk and be done with it. If you want to sit in the mild sun during the day - you can warm up those tired old bones and feel good.

I am so addicted to sunshine and my moods are affected by it. The powers that be, are saying we might get some chance for rain mid week. We'll see how long I can hold on to my sunshiny mood, when the dark, damp days of a Northern California winter envelopes my whole being.

I like to think I am like a solar panel. I get recharged, when I sit in the sun every day, hoping it will help when they days get dim and dark. Like I am banking my sunshine, somewhere in my brain.

Whatever!  I am enjoying the here and the now. I'll think about the rain another day.

4 comments:

  1. ...a solar panel or a snake. They bask in the sun. Mwa ha ha. :-) just kidding.

    Did I ever tell you about my neighbor who had a lot of religious superstitions? She always has snakes slithering upward in her yard. I thought it was very funny. She did not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha ha about the snakes. I was just going to post about snakes. Funny you mentioned that.

      No I don't remember about the neighbor. That's weird. :-)

      Delete
  2. Gee, I like the title of your post ;-)
    I like my sunshine too, which is why I live in CO. Although it's been snowing all day, and the high for tomorrow is supposed to be 16...but the sun will come out! It just won't melt much snow tomorrow...
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, I like the title of your blog!!! :-)

      When I think of Co, somehow I don't think of sunshine. My sister lives in Co. Been there once to visit her and it snowed! REALLY, the sun ALWAYS comes out, we just don't see it. It's UP there.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts