Wednesday, January 08, 2014

It's out there






I have a confession to make - My pathetic tree is still up - I was busy with other things. I know its there - I look at it, and grunt. I don't turn on the lights - it's just there. It needs to come down today. Just not feeling it and it has nothing to do with wanting to keep the holiday spirit alive. No - more like I'm LAZY. and I would rather do something else. I just don't know what that "something else"  is... it's out there...waiting for me to find it, so I don't have to do what I should be doing.

That is all I have today. 



 


8 comments:

  1. I just took down Christmas yesterday. I undecorated the tree 4 days ago but there it sat, naked, in the front window for all my neighbors to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, well we were lazy. Since this year we had a imitation tree, my husband just gingerly moved it out to the garage, decorations and all. We'll have to put it away soon - can't get the car in. We're so bad! :-)

      Delete
  2. My tree is still up. It kind of bothers me, but Willy Dunne Wooters begs me not to take it down. He loves the lights and decorations. I think he wants to leave the tree up all year, but that's not happening.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get a palm tree, deck with white lights and leave that up all year. I would start to get neurotic if I left my tree up all year. No comment on Willy Dunne Wooter! :-)

      Delete
  3. That's not so bad. January 8th?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is Jan 13 and lets just say, we moved it - decorations and all, to the garage! :-)

      Delete
  4. I have a friend that never takes hers down before mid-January. Some people leave it through the Epiphany which is the 6th and also when the true 12 days of Christmas is over. So, you are on time. I took mine down last Friday, but my cards are still up. I keep forgetting they are still up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow my own schedule. Some years it comes down right after Christmas and other years, I leave it up. I like to keep everyone guessing.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts