Thursday, January 02, 2014

Back to the old grind - red santa boots


from a couple of years ago - see red boots on top of china cabinet


I actually like the winter holidays being in the middle of the week because I can get back to real life quicker. I'm so DONE with all of it. I still have my little tree up and a few decorations but nothing like, years before. Yet I still hold on to the decorations, thinking that one day I will decorate my house like I used to. Some of the decorations have sentimental value, more than anything else. Like I have these paper mache Santa boots Foodie and Navy did when they were in the 1st grade. I place them in a special box and every year, no matter if I didn't decorate anything else - those red boots go on top of my china cabinet. I think they are my most prized decorations -

So everything comes down today. I plan to start painting soon and we have these vaulted ceilings in our entry way, living room, dining area and kitchen and we need to do the ceiling first. They will be a white color and the walls will be a warmer beige or something like that. I have BIG PLANS for my house. This was supposed to get done last year but it never happened.

It's been one full year, that I have not worked a "job" outside my home. I also think that it took me a year of adjusting - not just our budget but for me to actually enjoy it. I was all over the place.  I could never seem to just enjoy it. Now - I think I do enjoy it. I have so much to do, I don't know how I could fit a job in. However my budget could always fit in an extra paycheck here and there!



12 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to be your 100th follower! You're so right about adjusting to not working. It does take a while to create a non-schedule, learn to get by without the extra income and not feel almost guilty for having so much free time. The first few months after I quit work to stay home I kept looking for projects to do instead of relaxing and just enjoying doing nothing for a while. Good luck with the packing away of the Christmas decorations, Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jan for following and being #100. :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! How sweet and special that you take out those Santa boots Foodie and Navy made in the 1st grade, I like that. Taking down our decorations this weekend. Good luck with your painting and big plans for your house this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yep BIG plans. I hope they actually materialize for once!

      Delete
  3. It is nice to hang on to old decorations. Sometimes if you take them out after sometime they seem new again.
    Happy New Year to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed they need some gluing here and there.

      Delete
  4. Staying at home is nice. Extra money is nice too. In the winter, I have so much time. In the spring, summer, and fall I wouldn't have time for a job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like staying at home much better. I would rather, save and do without - then to get back into the rat race because that is what working does to me - stresses me out.

      Delete
  5. Hello and thanks for stopping by and deciding to follow my blog. I really like those big red boots. I feel just about the same about Christmas decorations and did very little this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inger - thanks for dropping by - nice to meet you!

      Delete
  6. I love the Santa boots. I hope your painting goes well.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts