Sunday, December 01, 2013

Happy December



This year has gone by so fast for me. It's kinda scary. This is it, gang.  The last month of 2013. I have to go back to my old blog, that I am still locked out of, to see where I was this time last year.  Only, I didn't have a blog post on December 1 - so forget that bright idea.

I hope this finds you all well and stuffed and thankful because one should never be "thanked out."  

  • Foodie had to work - he made double time at the Care facility and he was thankful for that!  He still was home in time for our family dinner.
  • The husband took Charleen out with him to have a "Thanksgiving meal" at the Care facility his father is at. I know he was thankful that his dad has a nice place to stay. 
  • I was thankful I had a good deal of the morning and part of the early afternoon, by myself. 
  • Navy was thankful he had the day off. So he slept in and watched a few football games. 
  • Charleen was thankful that Roy found a place to go for thanksgiving.  He had lasagna. 
We were a "thankful bunch".

The rest of the weekend, I took off. I didn't do any promoting - no sales, no business. Nothing. I just didn't want to.  I am a compassionate sales person.  The golden rule applies here - I detest all the promotions and black Friday this and that - it goes against my grain.  I just didn't feel like I wanted to "prey" on people. On Facebook, where I do most of my work, it was unreal. Maybe it's because I am in that circle of small business/sales people but every post was a sales pitch.  Then I read an article that asked us, "Are you a Consultant that helps solve problems for your customers, or are you a Predator?"  Gosh I don't want to be a predator - I just want to let people know I am there if they need me, and if they need any help deciding. I love to share some of the nice things I represent, but that's that. You can't force people into buying. All you do is make them sick of you. Well that's the way I look at it all, anyway.



2 comments:

  1. It's always good to find something to be thankful for. I am thankful we stayed home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound less stressed. We had strip steaks. Too much meat lately, but none today.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts