Monday, October 21, 2013

A new different life for me




My first line on this blog post started out saying:

I hate my life - and I don't know how much I can handle. But then I stopped - LOOKED at that statement and erased it. That's just NOT TRUE. I can handle all of this. It's just stretching muscles I have not ever used before (as well as our already empty wallet)

I am going to try and not worry about the "what if's".  If you let those little guys into your thinking, they can take over - and ruin everything.  Looking at this logically - Charleen and Roy have no place else to go - they have done all that they can do = maybe or maybe not but they are stuck. They need help. I know, in times in my life, I have been stuck and needed someone to help me. They are out of answers and when we live as far away as we do, it is hard for us, to monitor their situation.

It might be rough for awhile - for all of us financially but we'll make it. and we'll make it because we are all in this together. Plus the Husband can be hard-nosed. He won't allow them to just sit around and watch TV. He is not a push-over. He wasn't a chief-petty officer for nothing.

But yeah, I will complain - bitch, moan and groan from time to time - just to keep my sanity. 

All I will say though, with these adult children - lets just say, we are helping them all now. When they eventually go - we're spending the rest of their inheritance on us!







6 comments:

  1. You can handle whatever life throws at you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE all really can if we just accept it as a temporary inconvenience.

      Delete
  2. And they can take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, my husband will put SIL to work if he doesn't get a job. SIL is a landscaper and grounds keeper by trade - so I am hoping for some awesome yard work out of this. He knows how to do sprinklers and trim trees properly. I'd like to see him start his own business. As for Char, I'm going to get her to help me in all my sales business. I could use some help and she can earn some cash.

      Delete
  3. My second daughter last night said she thought she might have to move home again because she may be in debt with Centerlink again, I told her to stop jumping the gun and to wait and see what happens and she would be a fool to give up her house she is only paying $140 per week for a 3 bedroom house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a good idea. Many times, our adult kids get into a mess and are too afraid to see where it could take them. They want bailed out right away as not to feel any discomfort. My son, had to cash out his 401k and he lost his place before he came up here to live - and of course Char and her husband are now homeless. or will be after Nov 2. But I have to hand it to them, they did all they could and now know what it is like to truly struggle.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts