Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Change of Plans




BOY it's been hectic here the last few days, hurrying around trying to get things fixed in the motor-home.  I stocked them up pretty good with some food from our freezer and our pantry. My sons can eat out and buy their own food and the Husband and I can eat whatever -

But the CHANGE  is, that the guy Foodie recommended to us, to fix the Beast (our van) flaked out on us.  After not hearing from him for a few days, after he initially came over to check the van - he then calls and says he will come over to get the part number which he did the other night. He then told me, he would come by after work to install the part, which he did not. Not even a phone call. The van does not run without this new starter.

So I start to panic - I called and reserved a mini-van at a rental place - Almost $300!  Not including gas and it would be free mileage in California, Nevada and Oregon.  Outside of that, there would be a mileage charge. I don't know how they would know, unless they have some kind of monitoring...

So we just decided, to cancel the reservation. See, the Husband wants to rescue his daughter and SIL. In doing so, he is not thinking things through. Without checking the cost of U-Haul and such, he volunteered to move them down. Which he should of never done. He should of just told them, to bring down ONLY what they need. Store everything else. Then let them figure it out. My goodness R is 42 years old. He's not a kid. C is 33.

So the Husband called them last night - on speaker phone and instead of just sucking it up and acknowledging that it really is their problem and not ours to solve, they whine - you can hear it in their voice all the negativity and disappointment. OKAY I understand that, but when he said, "I refuse to throw out some of my things." (which we only asked them to store them for a latter date) that told me, we are going to eventually run into some opposition.

So, the Husband is going up in our newer small car that gets good gas mileage. I am staying home so he can have more room for their stuff. They will also have to store stuff in their car.

I have known people who have lost everything - or had to give up everything to start over. So I am a bit hard-nosed. I had to store all my stuff for 6 years. I then realized, I never really needed that stuff to begin with, and sold most of it at a garage sale. I won't even add up what it cost me in those 6 years, to store my junk. There is only a few things I miss but I don't dwell on it. It is, what it is.

There is a tension in our family right now - The Husband was a jerk and blamed Foodie for his flaky recommendation.  He got all mad at him. Foodie is like, "WTF??"  He was trying to help out.

Then the Husband jumps all over Navy because he thinks he should help with the RV etc.  HELLO, he has to go to work. He doesn't have the time.

I'm glad I will stay home.  I have work to do and I can do it, in peace before they all get here and my space becomes even more invaded upon.

I know I'm acting like a b---h.  I'm just saying it for real. I can't say it to anyone else. I have to keep smiling and be encouraging and positive. Oh BARF!

11 comments:

  1. I don't think you are out of line. You are housing four adults for goodness sake. I would cook up those pumpkin seeds and not share. I love those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Oh I love pumpkin seeds too. Yum!

      Delete
  2. I just cut open our pumpkin. That picture inspired me. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need to walk into a sound proof room and have a good scream......................lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think they should be that whiny. You are giving them a place to stay and they could and should be grateful for that. I really don't understand some people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change is hard for some people.

      Delete
  5. Love the pumpkin photo, shows how a lot of people feel, and I know you feel stretched and beyond thinking, as I am at that point now, too. I feel like the pumpkin...
    Please take care, and do your best. You are handling it better than I would. I know what I would be doing....screaming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're in such a difficult situation. I lost so much when I got divorced. I still miss some of what I lost – like having a family. But I've survived.
    That photo of the jack-o-lantern is grossly hilarious.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ended up storing much of it at his brother's place. But yes, they did have to downsize quite a bit.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts