Monday, August 12, 2013

Another Monday


FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL - 1965-  that's me with a bun on my head. What was I thinking????


Good Morning - I hope this finds you all well and ready to charge out into the world-

It's back to being HOT again.  We had a couple of days where we were 89 and the lows were down in the 60's at night. It was heaven.  But it's back to the mid to high 90's again and I am so tired of it.  I'm thinking probably will have at least one more HIGH 100+ heatwave. I pray I am WRONG.

I always feel sorry for the kids, when they have to go back to school in this heat. When I was a kid, we went back AFTER Labor Day.  That was back-to-school-week for us kids in the San Francisco area. I don't know about the rest of California.  When my kids were young, it was the same thing - always the Tuesday or Wednesday after Labor Day. 

I don't know when they changed it - and quite frankly I don't even know why. School ads, will say,

"when the kids go back to school in the Fall..." 

BUT they don't.  They go back in the summer.  That's just cRaZy if you ask me. And summer break?  It starts in Spring. In some cases, it's at least 6 weeks before summer.  It's all Topsy-turvy.








8 comments:

  1. Its the government, what do you expect from that.
    Have a wonderful, terrific Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, the powers that be!

      Delete
  2. I hope the schools have air conditioning. A lot of ours don't, but the kids go back after Labor Day here.

    Does your sis have a bun on her head, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to have AC here so yeah, they all have it.

      and yes, little sister is the blonde with the bun on her head too. :-)

      Delete
  3. Yesterday here it was quite hot today it is quite cool, how annoying is that........many of us will look at old photos and thing what the hell were we thinking..........so you are not alone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hot and cool???? How is that????

      Delete
  4. We always started after Labor Day, but I think it had something to do with farm families needing their kids for help in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we did too and I lived in the San Francisco area - no farms there! But yeah you are right. I still think it's a better time to get back to school.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts