Monday, July 22, 2013

Those *$&#@ Ants





Ants, are everywhere! I tried to do the a'la natural, green thing - they won't go away. I woke up this morning to find my silverware drawer removed and all the contents in the sink, soaking. Navy said he went into the kitchen last night when I was in bed, and there were ants everywhere inside the drawer. So he cleaned them up and out and found some ant-stakes under the sink.

When it gets this HOT out, the ants come inside to cool off - along with flies and other bugs.  You just open the door a crack, to let the cat or dog out, and in comes a few flies. I hate flies.  And these flies are dingy. I guess from being out in the heat for so long. They fly around in circles...

I actually find ants fascinating except NOT in my house. Flies - I have no love for nor do I think they are amazing. Just filthy little flying menaces.

2013 goes down in the journals for insects and bugs that have invaded our home - snails, gnats, flies, moths, spiders and ants. Mosquitoes aren't that bad this year - I killed one moth that was HUGE and furry and had the face of a ugly human!  I KID YOU NOT! Totally gave me the willies!

Last week, Miss Buster did bring us a dead mouse and laid it on our front door step.

All in all, I'd rather have these pests - than finding a rattlesnake in my garage or a boa constrictor in my toilet.


7 comments:

  1. Can snakes really get in your toilet? And if so, where does this happen?

    Navy is a good son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. years ago I read where some big snake got lose in a apartment house and was in the plumbing. Some guy woke up in the middle of the night to use the potty and up popped a snake out of the toilet. It was somewhere here in the US.

      and Yes, Navy is a good son. :-)

      Delete
    2. Gross! I've been humming "High Hopes" since reading your post..."an ant can't move a rubber tree plant."

      Delete
  2. The snake in the toilet has given me the creeps.........ants are so bloody annoying I get them a lot under my clothes line and have to spray with bug spray so I can peg the clothes out without having them all over my feet......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Palmetto bugs like to come inside when it rains a lot. It's been raining a lot. I really do not like palmetto bugs. I guess the good news is that I don't have trouble with ants, spiders, or snakes. Occasionally a lizard sneaks in.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like snakes... Not sure about having one in my toilet though, that would probably freak me out x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gives me the heeby jeebies! We had some ants earlier in June but they seem to be gone for good. Flies are the worst, especially when they're buzzing around all willy-nilly while you're trying to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts