Tuesday, July 02, 2013

The Day it was 116

 
cookies anyone?



Today was the HOTTEST since 1950.  I was going to get a skillet and see if I could fry an egg outside, but it was too hot.  Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe I will bake some solar cookies in the car!





I had a busy morning - out and about early.  Worked out at Curves - it felt good to get back into the swing of it.  My bones were hurting and the exercise feels good.  I was weighed and (drum roll please) I actually lost 1/2 pound and that is after the Hersey bars, and throwing portion-control out the window.  Sarge did tell me not to feel too comfortable with that.  I won't.  It was a  "gift."  I was so concerned about it yet I wouldn't stop.  I am so addicted to food - more than I ever thought.  Once I start with something, like a chocolate bar, it's hard for me to stop.  I am thankful.  

So tomorrow we're supposed to get thunderstorms in the mountains around us. That's scary for us, because of the danger of fire. It's not supposed to cool down any -

Oh well, it is what it is - I just stay inside, drink ice water - and work on my businesses.  I have a dog-sitting gig Thursday through Sunday.  So I am busy these days and I am feeling good.  Oh and BTW, that Psychologist's nurse NEVER called me back after she spoke with me about my Tri-Care Insurance.  So I guess they don't cover this.  It's fine. I am doing well because I am keeping busy.  I think that is the trick for me. Still rude - what if I was suicidal? 


photo credit; http://www.neatorama.com/2011/07/23/hot-enough-to/

5 comments:

  1. Maybe it was a half pound of sweat. My goodness gracious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies are hysterical but that heat! We're hearing about it all over the news...just horrible.

    Way to go on the weight loss! Congrats..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that is really hot! Take care in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay cool. I've been looking at the lamps on your business site. I think I have my choice narrowed down to two possibilities.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heat is HORRIBLE. I got off work on Monday and texted Boyfriend "let's go to lake!" And we did. It made the heat so much more bearable.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts