Friday, July 05, 2013

surprise surprise






I actually enjoyed the fireworks display this year.  It's been 5 years since we have been living here and we haven't YET made a effort to watch the fireworks.  I can "hear" them from my house. I always felt it was my duty, to stay home and comfort my animals who get awfully nervous freaked out with all the crackles and pops. 

I enjoyed it because it was spontaneous and we just "winged" it.  I had to check on the dogs and so we were already out - and over that way.  So we found a spot on one of the bridges over the Sacramento River - The Husband, just happened to have 2 chairs in the back of the car. We found a awesome parking space, so we could get out fast and away we went.  We sat on the bridge for about 50 minutes before the fireworks started and enjoyed a pleasant river breeze and fortunately, the people around us were nice and considerate. No drunk rowdies!  One of the spectators brought a radio, with the music accompaniment and that really made it nice. 

I had to smile to myself - I did catch myself, "oohing and ahhing"  - and one time I surprised myself with a big  "WOW."

There's hope for me!

We stayed up late last night, or should I say early this morning - got to bed around 1:30 am and I had to get to the dogs by 7am.  I need at least an hour, sitting and staring at the wall, with my cup of coffee - needless to say, I didn't get to do that as long and had to rush up to care for the dogs.  I sat there, in their nice backyard - watching them play.  I really enjoy them.

I think I really need a nap -






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts