Tuesday, July 09, 2013

July challenge - If I could live in another time





...what would it be and why? 

Finally I get to this challenge.  I'm NOT going back to July 1 - like I thought I would.  

I love history and so any time period except for the one I am living in, appeals to me.  I often think I would of loved to have lived in the 1800's here in America.  The thrill of a new nation and the building of it. Yet they had their problems.  I do love the time period of the 40's.  It's just really hard for me to pinpoint a time I would enjoy living in. 

Time Travel and the thought of it, has always intrigued me.  How awesome that would be, but ONLY if I could make it back to present time, safely.  Sometimes, I only would want to be a "fly on the wall" for certain historic events - to get the real scoop on history, instead of the watered down, politically correct, revised edition, we have now. 


 
excellent mini-series



 I'd like to be a fly on the wall
  •  during sessions of the Continental congress. 
  •  to hear the speech by John Adams at the Boston Massacre trial.  
  •  in New York City during the end of the war
  •  During the time of Jesus
  •  in the old-west and the discovery of gold
That's all I can come up with off the cuff - 

 



6 comments:

  1. I'd like to be Laura Ingalls Wilder for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeahhhhhhhhhhh I would like that too.

      Delete
    2. I love the Little House books, but in reality the Ingalls family had a pretty hard life. I'd like to be Laura in the books, not in real life. Maybe when Almanzo was courting her.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could meet my parents when they were young, kind of like Back To The Future.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that would be cool. I loved Back to the future.

      Delete
  3. I don't know if I could live in a time without indoor toilets and hot and cold running water.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts