Sunday, July 21, 2013

hot, bored and lazy

I have decided that I get bored when we get these extreme 110+ temps. I stay couped up in the house and there's only so much you can do. Even though it is cool inside, mentally I know it's hot so doing anything heavy-duty inside just makes me hotter.  Does that make any sense?

I get lazy in hot weather too and I don't even enjoy it.  There are times when I thoroughly enjoy being lazy.  Not now.  I know I said just the last post I have been busy - and I have until the 110"s started in. I took a cool shower this morning, to jump start my morning.



Last Thursday we took in a hike - all uphill. My butt still hurts! I guess that is a good thing. There were 2 waterfalls we were hiking to - I could only make the first one.  We had climbed down to the first smaller one and when I had to climb back up to the trail, it really kicked my butt and I almost passed out due to the 100+ heat. I got all clammy and shaky.  So once I felt better, I stayed back and the Husband went to look at the other one - he was gone about 30 minutes.  It was nice to just sit there, alone and take it all in.  Then we had to hike back out - now all in the sun.  I had to keep stopping.




By the time we made it to the car, I was hurting pretty bad. My stomach muscles hurt and my lower back. Finally decided that next time, if we are going to hike, it needs to be started earlier than when we started. We started around 10am.  I love to hike but hate to hike during hot weather. I like hiking in the Fall and Spring. Those are the best times for me and I have more energy. Hot weather really takes a lot out of me.


I must be delirious in this picture

Plus, you know my fear of snakes.  The forest ranger told us to watch out for rattlesnakes. So I ask him,

"are they in the area of the falls?"  (dumb question)

"This is their home, Ma'am".

 So as I climbed over the rocks and boulders toward the falls,  I was preoccupied with snake-watch and fortunately never saw one.

lower falls





6 comments:

  1. Which falls did you go to? Boyfriend and I went to Shasta Lake yesterday when it got 116 in Redding. It was HOT on the lake, too. The only way to escape was to jump in the lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we were over at Whiskey-town Lake at the Brandy creek Falls. The water was crystal clear and cold. Nice.

      Delete
  2. Walking uphill is bloody hard but what goes up also comes down and walking down hill can be easy, now let's move onto boredom I don't get bored I do get lazy but bored nope that said the heat does often drain a body making doing things hard work so there are times when it is stinking hot that all I want to do is sit and watch tv or sleep.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah maybe that is what it is - I'm just so lazy I get bored???

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts