Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Busy Me

Keeping busy for me is a good thing.  In fact the last few days, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.  

  • Woke up to an evasion of ants, yesterday morning on my kitchen counter and INSIDE my dishwasher. I also had some inside my BBQ grill on the patio - So that took up part of my day yesterday. So far so good today.

I forgot to mention that last week I lost a pound and a half!  Yesterday I weighed in and re-gained a half a pound. Grrrrrrr.

 ~ ~

We're been having mild temperatures for here - mid 90's to 100.  However, tomorrow we are heading back up to the 105-110's for a few days.  I am so, looking forward to Fall.




Last week, the Husband and I went up to the Subway Lava Tube -  Amazing. It was pitch dark and he forgot a GOOD flashlight - we did manage to find a teeny-one in the glove-compartment.  It barely worked so it was hard to really see. It was a bit scary for me at first, not knowing what to expect. I was surprised that my body, froze up with FEAR just because I couldn't see around me, as we stumbled over the rocky bottom. I kept thinking I would hit my head on something - then I got it in my mind, that maybe there are snakes in this lava tube which fReAkEd me out. The Husband asked me if I needed to go back to the car and while I really wanted to - I pressed on and finished.  THAT MY DEAR LOVELIES, was a victory for me!  It made me think of that scripture, Philippians 3:14,

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward 
in Christ Jesus."

~ ~

Why is it, when you have work to do, the creative part of the mind, starts in with the constant nag, 

 "what about meeeeeeeee????" 

So I got this big idea - to re purpose a  couple of lamps that were my mother's lamps that I have in my living room. They work - and in their day, were nice lamps but so out-dated for now. It has to do with those dollar-store marble gems...Might do that, during this heat spell coming up.  I will spring for new lamp shades - as soon as I can afford them.  Also, as soon as I get some clear shellac, I will post some pictures of a garden-art piece I made.  It's not completely done yet and not perfect by any means - I know my mistakes so next time I will create this piece better.  It's pretty or at least I think so.

~ ~

The Husband wants me to do a Avon-fundraiser for his VFW post.  I can do that!  I don't know when - he needs to get it all approved at their meeting.

 ~ ~

Thank you to all that commented on my post about finances. I kinda got the Icks, after I posted that - like I am whining and crying poor-mouth and all.  I just like to keep it real on this blog. Yeah it's tight every month around here but we keep on plugging along. I have done that so many times in my life, I am actually good at it - 


10 comments:

  1. Cool lava tube!

    Be sure to take before/after pics of your lamp project, sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't everyone retain water in the heat?

    Ants in the dishwasher? Been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now they are in the cabinet drawers

      Delete
  3. Ants how I hate ants found a couple on my bench this morning but only after Kathy dropped off Summer and I think she brought the ants with he as it was when I took the peanut butter she brought over for me into the kitchen that the ants appeared so I think they came from her place...........that's my thought and I stick withit............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do seem to magically appear don't they?

      Delete
  4. I've been unusually busy, too, and for good reasons, I'm glad to report. I understand about financial woes. I live on a fixed income. You're not whiny.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are on a fixed income as well. Military pension and the husbands job at the state is fixed monthly. That's why I try and bring in some cash every month doing all my odd jobs, and such.

      Delete
  5. I'm braving the hot weather too! I'm not sure what's going on with that. I wish I was as creative as you I have an old lamp in the garage, I wouldn't know what in blazes to do with it to make it presentable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. take a picture of it and lets see how we can re do it.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts