Friday, June 14, 2013

walking around naked

 

I don't like it when my sons are home during the day - Now that Foodie's hours have been cut, he has to much free time and it just bugs me.  He grilled hamburgers last night for dinner. They were good. He KNOWS how to grill them to perfection, something he learned at In and Out,  when he was in their management program. I don't always like his cooking but he sure is passionate about it. Last night we sat down together and watched Hells Kitchen, which is one of my favorite shows. We also watch Food Network Star and Master Chef.  We're INTO food.  He is still stalling though, on applying for Cal-fresh.


I would love to see him, open up his own place one day - He has thought about it, but right now it is just a dream. I've suggested operating a gourmet/fine-food truck, that way he is paying for the truck and has more control, rather than paying rent on a place. It's still not in the cards.

Then I suggested, that we use our RV - and I would go into business with him.  We'd gut it and make it all nice.  I am desperate to get them on their own feet.  I just don't know.  I even suggested that they both relocate and go to those high paying oil jobs in Texas and the Dakotas.  They don't have to stay there forever but go to where the jobs are. 

I do miss my empty nest days - I could keep my house clean,  walk around naked....by the time they get OUT, I'll be too old to be left alone.  





7 comments:

  1. hahahaha! It is nice to walk around, occasionally, less than fully clothed. hehehe

    We love Food Network Star, Master Chef (I drool over Joe B.), and even occasionally Hell's Kitchen. any news on Top Chef returning? We can't find anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/new-orleans-weighs-in-on-top-chef-host-city-status

      Delete
  2. I love it when I'm all sweaty from working in the yard and I can take off my clothes and put them in the washing machine. Then I wander naked and free towards the shower. I think a food truck is a great idea. They're so popular and people tweet where they're located.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....I can only do that in our bedroom. I'm jealous

      Delete
  3. I think the food truck idea sounds great, you would have complete freedom then too (remember I could do some artwork for you - free!). We have a waffle truck that comes to our complex and everyone goes mad. I used to know someone who just sold mushy peas (might be an English thing?) at a fair in the UK and they made loads of money because it was cheap to do. It must be hard for you having everyone there and no time to yourself, having a good cook in the house is useful though! Try and stay positive about everything and have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie and you have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  4. I like the food truck idea too. You could be your own boss. I remember the "sandwich man" who came around at night during college. Cheap authentic Mexican is what's big around here. You should do it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts