Monday, June 10, 2013

Relief




We supposed to get up to 84 today - just for today.  The rest of the week has us in the low 90's.  See these heat spells we get, actually train us to be more tolerant of the hot weather.

Questions 

Susie (loonysuse) asked:


When it is 112 degrees outside, what temperature is your air conditioning, 95? I'm curious.
I keep the AC set at 77/78 for different times of the day, no matter what the thermometer says outside.  Sometimes I will manually go down to 76 but I know I will soon regret it when the electric bill comes next month.
Foodie works at a Care facility. He said that there was one day, that got really scary -  the AC unit iced up.  For 6 hours, they had no AC and the elderly there were suffering.   Apparently it had tripped a breaker. They were at the point, where they were planning to evacuate the elderly.  It happened again, a couple days later briefly for an hour -  So it looks like the system there is starting to show signs of needing to be replaced.  I am SO HAPPY that we replaced ours this past October!!! (Thank you Jesus!)

So today will be a lovely day.  Windows open!  It's even a bit overcast - We're supposed to get thunderstorms with no rain, in the mountains - which scare me because of the lightening strikes and the potential for fires. 



photo credit: Lettuce. via photopin cc

10 comments:

  1. So happy for you getting a break in the weather. Hoping for no lightening strikes/fires! I think we are going to have a really bad fire season. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep my AC on 78 and run ceiling fans and a pedestal fan. It stays pretty pleasant and breezy in here, but eventually I have to go out to do yard work or get something from the store. Then I'm miserable.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate ceiling fans but living in this area, they are essential. I don't care how they look. We have vaulted ceilings in the living room/kitchen/dining room and we really need them. I have a new fanged fan I bought last year and don't like it. We need a bigger pedestal fan here in the living room. The back of the house stays pretty cool.

      Delete
  4. I'm a big heat wuss. 84 sounds hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. today has been so nice and overcast - it makes me want to move to the north coast. I grew up on the coast and it can be so nice with all that coastal influence.

      Delete
  5. Too bad about your blog ~ Janie Junebug sent me over and I will definitely become your latest follower. Maybe a fresh start with a second cup will be a great thing for you. I certainly hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Inger - yeah bummer about my old blog. Hey we all need fresh starts now and then and a 2nd cup!

      Delete
  6. 84 is a nice heat. I'm lucky we don't need air con on at the moment, the house seems to stay quite cool even when it's 80+ outside. I couldn't cope with 100 though. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, 112? That sounds unbearable. We don't have AC, so we get three fans going and pull all of the shades down. I just bought a slip'n'slide for the summer to cool off!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts