Sunday, June 23, 2013

Refreshed and seeking


I love this!



It's funny how you can get away for a couple of days and come back feeling refreshed. (kinda)
Before I left, I contacted a local SHRINK.  So sometime this week, I plan to set up an appointment.

Usually the Husband and I love to sit around, drink our coffee and dream - make plans of what we want to do, but never do. Like when we sit out in the backyard once he comes home from work, we sit and talk about what we would like to do with that "hill" in our yard.  Seems every week or so, it is a different plan. When we were camping, we sat around the fire, wine in hand, dreaming and making many plans. 

I know that I need to organize myself better. Since I am no longer working, I feel like I just float, during the day, hitting walls.  And that does not work for me. I need some kind of structure. I need a flexible schedule that I pretty much follow.  If not, I get too overwhelmed and can't focus.

You know, the best time in my life (one of them) was back when the Husband and I were downsizing and living in our 34 foot RV - we did this for 4 years and had a blast!  It does get old and those one-butt kitchens can really be annoying.  I was ready to move on but it does seem life was so much simpler back then.  Now our life seems more stressful. With the adult sons living here and I just can't seem to find my place.  I need to make a "quiet" place for myself.  Since the Husband works a 3rd shift, it can't be in my bedroom, during the day.  So I don't know....maybe it's not a physical place -  maybe it's only a mental place (and no not a Mental Institution) If you can't find a place physically, you need to find your own peace from within.

That's what I am looking for. I sure hope I can find it.







12 comments:

  1. Hope you find your inner space:). Sometimes I die for the longing of just sitting and having a sip of my coffee without someone disturbing. But it never happens in my place.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it's a good step in the right direction that you've analyzed the situation and identified what's wrong. Now you can set about fixing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah and that's the hard part for me!

      Delete
  3. Good luck on finding your place! It is hard to live in your house with just your husband and then go back to have other people around. I remember when the college invasion used to come home. All three of the older kids coming home for a month at Christmas break! I loved them, but we had learned to live without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would embrace the empty nest but I did and learned to love it. Sure I missed them but it was the way it is supposed to be. I wonder, when they do finally go, if I will go through all of that again?

      Delete
  4. Yes you do need to find your place whether it be a physical place or a state of mind I don't know for me it would need to be a physical place but that is just me what I do know is we all need a place to go and recharge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my new mission!

      Delete
  5. I'll pray for you to find your spot.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Janie Junebug. I sure like your name.

      Delete
  6. I hope you find your place. I have been trying meditation cds to calm me down a bit, it's hard to get rid of all the static in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, that is a good way to put it. That is one of my biggest issues - is all that "static" - it keeps me from doing what I need and want, to do. I'll have to look into that!

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts