Monday, June 03, 2013

New month - New week




I can't believe it's June already.  6 months and it's Christmas.  The year goes by so fast these days.  I wonder why?  Back when I was a kid, it seemed time stood still. I guess its that we are older and are more aware of time. Lately I haven't been wearing a watch because I'm not working and I misplaced it. 

It's been HOT - I turn the AC off at night but the last 2 mornings it has been stuffy. I used to like to keep windows open at night and the garage door open a little to let in some cooler air but a couple of years ago, 2 houses down - had a home evasion robbery. Even though they determined it was by a friend of their son's - The Husband is a maniac now about "battening down the hatches."  especially now that he is working a 3rd shift.  Come on now - I am home with a 2 adult sons who stay up till at least 2 am and a German-shepherd mix who is leery of strangers, who stays in my room with me.  I am very safe!   I don't like to live in fear.  I just won't.  Our neighborhood is good and safe with the occasional group of punks out, usually in the summer.  It was still hot out when I went to bed at 11:30 last night so I did not open the windows.  My patio is 80 right now and its 6:50 am.

When we get the HVAC paid off I want to get a new roof and go solar. Insulate the garage more and get one of those attic fans. Before that, I want to get that solar window film put on the front windows that face the hot south and southwest sun. 

I am predicting a hotter summer for us.  The water levels at Shasta Dam are low - we went up there to have a picnic on Saturday.  Sat under these huge trees for shade and faced the snow capped Mount Shasta at a distance.  Ahhhhhh.  There was a nice breeze and it was much cooler there than at our place, only 10 miles away.

I'm not taking the heat good so far this summer...I am trying everyday to get out in it just to build up a tolerance.  Or sit in the AC house, cooped up all summer?  I get cabin crazy more in the summertime here, than I do in the winter!  A pool would be awesome....


6 comments:

  1. The weather was so bad in April. It was sooo hot now the rainy season has started and it is non stop raining.

    You can't be too careful though. We lock our doors and windows even though we have heavy security down our lane.
    Www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I remember a lovely vacation on a huge houseboat on Lake Shasta about 20 years ago. Bad drought time then too, but we had a blast. Good times.

    It was really hot here Saturday, but 'June gloom' yesterday, and then even drizzle this morning; so glad I didn't wash my car yesterday or I would've been PISSED. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pool in my backyard when it rains hard. I'll let you know when it's back and you can fly on over.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that is hot. It's going to be 91 here today, I am happy to go to work because at least there is air conditioning there. Can you run through the sprinklers?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awful. But the difference between the highs and the lows are extreme, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get a baby pool to put your feet in. I'm am.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts