Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Life moves on


my dad as a little boy


Anytime, there is a family event, ie: a pregnancy, death, marriage etc - I can't help but think of those family members that are no longer here.  With my niece, pregnant with a baby boy, my sister and I can't help but think of our folks. It was a strong feeling yesterday we both had - happy but a little sad that they are not around to experience this. With my dad, he died naturally from a massive heart attack at the age of 75. However, Mom choose to end her life at age 74, a year after her beloved passed.

I still have some anger toward her, for doing that. In some ways, I can understand it from her point of view - but I can't hang with it, in regards to what it has done to my sister and I.  All the good work, my mom did as a mother, was undone in some ways, by a shot to her head! She was healthy and she would of still been around to see this.  I am sure of it.

Even my niece mentioned them - wishing that they were around; especially "Grandma."  

Oh well - can't dwell on it, or it will get into your mind and set you crazy.  It is, what it is, isn't it?

So we have a boy - my niece told me they will probably name him after his father. I'm not sure what his name is - She told me, but it went in one ear and out the other. I think it is Shimir.  but everyone calls him "Poc" so if they name the baby after Dad, he would be, Tupoc.  (I KID YOU NOT)

Now my sister asked if they could at least, fit in our dad's name somewhere within that name.  Hmmmmm lets see how that would sound:

Shimir Tupoc John Madophyahglsiyumur ( I can't remember the last name - its long)

I THINK my niece was kidding about naming the baby Tupoc....I think.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, about your mom. That must've been a horror to take in that never truly goes away. I am so sorry she was so desperate that the needs of the rest of her family didn't matter. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! I get so tired when people try and justify what she did. It's been 5 years and it STILL just totally pisses me off at times.

      Delete
  2. During the brief time I taught high school, I had a terrible time with the students' names. So few of them had recognizable names. There was one Jennifer, and a Kim, but most of the names were sounds -- a jumble of letters put together.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I keep asking my sister what his name is, and even she keeps telling me different names - she gets mixed up. lol, kinda funny. Maybe its a good thing our Tennessee Daddy isn't alive - he wouldn't be able to pronounce the name either!

      Delete
    2. I think you'll get used to it, or come up with an acceptable nickname.

      Delete
    3. Actually the sons and I were talking and we kinda like the name Tupoc - baby Tupoc! I am sure he is going to be adorable. My niece is Persian and the father is from Northern Africa - I don't know where. Baby boy will look exotic.

      Delete
    4. He'll be beautiful, as are all babies. Doesn't matter what his background is.

      Delete
    5. absolutely. Babies and little ones have been "my business" for over 28-29 years and I can honestly say, I have never seen a ugly baby. And even the ones that at first, may not have been the most beautiful turned out to be the most adorable, kids ever.

      Delete
  3. Thought that was a rapper, but I spelled it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tupac WAS a rapper and apparently he was a Muslim. His folks were members of the black panthers. They call my niece's boyfriend, Poc - don't ask me why.

      Delete
  4. We always thought if my nan had passed away before pop then he would end his life to be with her but it didn't turn out that way he passed in 2010 and nan well she just turned 92 so is still with us............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow. I know my mom would of lived well into her 80's - Sad.

      Delete
  5. im sorry to hear about your mum. I think of my dad a lot too when family stuff is happening. He had a heart attack at 60, which is so young anf he wasnt unhealthy...its been 3 years. My sister is pregnant too and having a little boy in sept. im hoping they pick a sensible name! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they will. Congrats - will this be your first nephew? My niece is due the end of Oct/first of Nov.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts