Monday, June 17, 2013

It's only 2 nights



Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center webcam



Wouldn't you just know it - I make reservations to go for 2 nights camping and a cold front is moving in.  The highs will be 59 and the low on one night will get down to freezing! At least, it will be sunny.

We've decided to leave Daisey Mae home with our sons.  She has arthritis and we don't need for her to have a flare up.  The Husband and I also have some arthritis as well, but WE'RE DOING THIS, come HELL or high water!

Actually, in a odd kind of way, I am looking forward to it - get it knocked out of the way and I've done my self-less act.  These 2 nights in the cold and wild of Lassen, will give me:

  • blog material
  • pretty photos
  • a better outlook on my life
  • an appreciation of "home."
  • a grateful Husband who will make it up to me
  •  "my turn" for the rest of the summer

Manzanita Lake webcam



 I used to love a good adventure in my younger days - now the only adventure I get, is digging through thrift stores for a good "find."  This will probably be good for me.

My sons are cracking up over this - hey it would of been this way, if we had gone to the coast.  You just can never plan on the weather in June, if you are going to the mountains.

AS long as we have PLENTY of Hot coffee in the morning and some wine at night - I should be fine. 


The 2 photos are what it looks like right now, as I write this post. Beautiful.



  • Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Light south southwest wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
  • Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
  • Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. West wind 5 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
  • Thursday Sunny, with a high near 66.


12 comments:

  1. Wow just pack some thermals and go anyway, it look like heaven there. Have a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 layers! I felt like I had gained 30 pounds!

      Delete
  2. "My turn" for the rest of the summer is a very good reason, but I think it should be your turn all the time, no matter what. I guess I'm prejudiced that way.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well, I am good at getting my way. My husband is a sweetie most of the time (hey no one's perfect) and it's his job to make me happy. :-)

      Delete
  3. Do they have Wi-Fi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. It's too high in the mountains. You can't even get cell phone connection.

      Delete
  4. Ok I have arthritis but I don't let it stop me doing things I want to do......however, camping is not for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some arthritis too and you're right - you can't let it keep you from doing the things you want. However, it is another matter when you are doing things you do not want! I used to love camping but its not as easy as it used to be for me.

      Delete
  5. It looks lovely, enjoy yourself and get some relaxation time away from home and all your worries. I bet the weather will be nicer than they say, they never get it right. If not though, that's what hugs and cuddles are for x

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing better than a hot cup of coffee in the morning when you're camping. So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I know - that was the best part of it all

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts