Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center webcam
Wouldn't you just know it - I make reservations to go for 2 nights camping and a cold front is moving in. The highs will be 59 and the low on one night will get down to freezing! At least, it will be sunny.
We've decided to leave Daisey Mae home with our sons. She has arthritis and we don't need for her to have a flare up. The Husband and I also have some arthritis as well, but WE'RE DOING THIS, come HELL or high water!
Actually, in a odd kind of way, I am looking forward to it - get it knocked out of the way and I've done my self-less act. These 2 nights in the cold and wild of Lassen, will give me:
- blog material
- pretty photos
- a better outlook on my life
- an appreciation of "home."
- a grateful Husband who will make it up to me
- "my turn" for the rest of the summer
Manzanita Lake webcam
I used to love a good adventure in my younger days - now the only adventure I get, is digging through thrift stores for a good "find." This will probably be good for me.
My sons are cracking up over this - hey it would of been this way, if we had gone to the coast. You just can never plan on the weather in June, if you are going to the mountains.
AS long as we have PLENTY of Hot coffee in the morning and some wine at night - I should be fine.
The 2 photos are what it looks like right now, as I write this post. Beautiful.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Light south southwest wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. West wind 5 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 66.