Friday, June 07, 2013

HOT and HOTTER



Supposed to be 107 today.  The weekend is to get hotter.  Boy this has proved to be a HOT June.  Usually this type of heat starts in July.  Although when I was a kid, and we would travel up here for recreation, I remember one time it was like 118.  I remember never getting out of the lake!

We took a walk last night down by the river and the closer you get to the water, I could feel cool pockets of air that felt so nice. Daisey jumped into the water and swam - everybody was out. However you walk around or drive and most people, if they don't have to be out, they aren't.  I think at the end of the month, we might go to the coast - Eureka. Now that would be nice.  Yesterday it was 61 and foggy. Ohhhhhh that sounds sooo nice. Camping in the redwoods would be refreshing and nice.  I shudder to think of what my energy bill will be next month.








8 comments:

  1. We are stuck in June gloom mood down here in Orange County. We ought to trade weather for a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay- so how do we go about getting that done! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh the heat is pretty killer, isn't it? Triple digit weather just plain sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep totally sucks because you really can't get anything done.

      Delete
  3. I hate my electric bill from May through October.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here. We're thinking serious about going solar and just doing it a little at a time, as we can afford...energy costs are a major issue with us. Plus rates are getting higher and they never go down.

      Delete
  4. I have been complaining because we are still staying a little cool. Around 70 today. I guess I should appreciate the moderate temps. I like having about 85 degrees. I think that's ideal. Wish we could just order the weather we wanted. The cost factor for air conditioning is a killer! Hope you get a little bit of a cool-down soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today has been awesome. Overcast and cool for us - around 80. I wish it could stay this way for a week or two.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts