Thursday, June 13, 2013

Going camping next week

 


Okay, got that rant out of the way -

So yesterday I made reservations for 2 nights up at Lassen for next Tuesday through Thursday.  Some of the campgrounds are still not open, for summer due to snow or washed out roads from the winter.  It will be me, the Husband and Daisey Mae.  It will be cold at night.  I checked the weather at the ranger station and it gets down to 41 at night.  Around the 70's during the day.

I want to keep it simple - steak and salad both nights for dinner. 

Looking forward to quiet - and smelling all that fresh, mountain air.  2 nights is all I can stand, in that cold.  I look forward to my coffee in the morning, by a roaring HOT fire. We'll need wood. Lots of it.  Might do some fishing -

It's a real bargain for us because the Husband is a disabled-vet and has a lifetime pass that gets us in, free to all National Parks and then 50% off camping.  2 nights for $18.  The way it used to be! We thought about taking the RV out, but we need to get her all cleaned up and we just are lazy.  I'd much rather get this tent-camping ordeal adventure over with.  The things YOU DO for Love....






8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will have a cool, refreshing time!
    Enjoy your trip and going back to nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I am always willing to try. But I told the Husband, if it is too cold, I will sleep in the car with my dog.

      Delete
  2. Get off your butt and clean up the RV enough to make it passable for this trip, woman! Hop to!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehe, I'd love to but it has some "work" that needs done on it too. Maybe in a few weeks or so, we can HER out. Nope I'm afraid, this is Coffeelady vs WILD

      Delete
  3. I couldn't handle it. I wish you well.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It will either go by fast or drag on forever.

      Delete
  4. I have never been much for sleeping on the ground. Do you have an air mattress?
    Enjoy the get away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our air mattress popped so I am using a cot. Or we might go out and buy a new one, but they are expensive for a queen size.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts