Thursday, June 06, 2013

camping


2 years ago


June will be the last month for furloughs, the Husband has to take.  So at the end of the month, we are taking off.  Probably tent camping. (thrill) I used to love all of that and still do to an extent, but I am at the age to where I LOVE comfort. I'm spoiled by the motor-home but that big sucker, is a gas hog and needs some expen$ive TLC. So it sits to the side of the house, while I sleep on the ground in a tent!




Plus camping is work to me. No dishwasher and I have to cook.  But I am thinking, this time I am going to just bring some meat and salad and call it our meals.  I want simple. I do this, because the Husband LOVES to go camping and get in touch with nature. Heck I can get in touch with nature in my backyard. We have fish in the pond, beautiful dragon-flies, various species of birds that come to visit me every morning - and I just know there is a snake somewhere in all that vinca on the hill - not to mention my cat and my dog. I even get the occasional neighbor cat, trying to "paw" the fish in the pond.  I have my own little animal world in my backyard.



my little dragon-fly buddy that watches me water every morning

Then The Husband will want to hike - in 100 degree heat, hiking is not fun. I seem to like to sit - when I camp.  I am always pulling my chair somewhere - in the shade, by the creek, over by the campfire...a chair is essential.


hike hike hike


We'll go for one night - and since we live in a recreation/camping mecca, we don't have far to go, to get away from whatever it is, we need to get away from...


last year in Virginia City

I want to go back to Virginia City again this summer. LOVE that place.  This time I would love to stay over night - heck I want to live there.  There is a 12 room old fashioned motel, that is up for sale.  It has a world-wide clientele - each room is decorated differently and it just looks like it would be a blast to own and operate.  But the deal with Virginia City is, the ground underneath. It keeps collapsing due to the web of underground mines, which makes for a real shaky investment.


When I camp, I always bring way too many clothes.  You just never know...you could fall in the water, spill something sticky on you, get muddy, sweat, rip something on a tree, step in bear poop...you just never know.

Come to think about it, all I really do when I camp is move around my chair and change clothes.  Fun!


10 comments:

  1. I always bring a bunch of clothes planning for every type of weather and then end up wearing the same outfit for three days and reeking of campfire when I get home. Virginia City looks like a cute town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm starting to get that way - If something isn't to terribly dirty, I'll keep on wearing it. Of course we don't do camping by the week - just a night maybe two. Yes Virginia City is a blast. I'd love living there but its expensive and it snows in the winter. Plus no AC in the summer - it a town that is totally stuck in the old days.

      Delete
  2. Send the men camping and have some quiet time. Pop open a Bud and watch some westerns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - I don't mind for a night and a day. I like the drive there and back. And as long as it is not too hot, I'll manage for 1 day.

      Delete
  3. hmmm, call me sexist, but it sounds like the vacation is all about what your husband wants, and not so much you? At all? Seems like it isn't a vacation for you at all. (he needs to clean up if you are doing the cooking. Tell him Gwen said so.)

    Gotta train him better, my dear. Never too old to stand up for yourself and teach that old dawg some new tricks. (to keep his beloved happy.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the Husband is a doll - he treats me like a queen 100% of the time and he does work hard keeping me happy. He just wants me to come along with him so we both can enjoy it. He will do all the work and he doesn't mind or ever complain like I do. I'll do it for a night or two but preferably for 1 night. I get my way all the time, so I guess it is the least I can do. This husband is not at all like the first one. Now that one, everything was about him.

      I just like to complain.

      Delete
  4. I don't camp. I don't want to be in touch with nature. I want to read a book, while I sit in a recliner in the air-conditioned house.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that sounds good to me. I used to be a nature girl years back when my boys were younger and all.

      Delete
  5. I'm not a big fan of camping, especially in a tent. I like my comforts too much! All those bugs, dirty loos yuk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep me too. I don't even like roasting marshmallows (yuck) or eating smores. Never cared for them. I do like a campfire and I do enjoy the early morning with my cup of coffee - looking at the deer.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts