Wednesday, May 15, 2013

weather, weigh-in and eagles




Ahhhhh as our weather cools down to the high 80's today. And tomorrow we're supposed to actually get some of that wet stuff!  Relief.  It's funny about hot weather - it's HOT until you get used to it.  Because mid to even high 90's will be cool to us, come August and Sept.  Right now, no one is used to it, when our normal highs would be in the 80's.

Yesterday, I weighed in - still 158.  So I am now on phase 3 of the eating program to jump start my metabolism.  We'll see.  I think I know why there has been no weight loss the last week or two - I discovered Skinny Cow.  My downfall is ice cream.  I never had one of those before and tried it and all I can say is, OMG! They are tasty and it's hard for me to just eat one and not the whole box.  I showed some strength yesterday and only had one.

Yeah it's a bummer about Patriot. I cried yesterday and once again, I allowed my emotions to really bum me out and I need to stop that. Every time I cross the bridge, over the Sacramento River to go into town, I pass by the Turtle Bay Area,  where the eagles live.  About 2 weeks ago, one huge eagle swooped down in front of my car - I couldn't believe it. When the trees are bare, you can see them sitting on their favorite trees - perched so beautifully.  The Eagle group will no doubt plan a memorial service and I think they need to take some donations for a special bench or plaque for Patriot.  Yeah yeah, it's just nature and all,  but some of us get real attached. Not a good year for our eagles.








10 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to stay away from Skinny Cow. I can't buy those little cookies that come in 100 calorie packs because the box has 8 - 10 packs. I'll eat four or five packs in one sitting.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh now that is funny. I'm pretty good at keeping myself in check now - but I am with that if I buy store bought cookies from the discount bread place. I buy them for the husband who has a sweet tooth and I don't. But I tried one and shoot man, it was so good it was hard for me to stop. The husband BTW is skinny. He can eat anything. Grrrrrrrrrrr

      Delete
    2. I used to be able to eat anything and stay skinny. Things changed.

      Delete
  2. artificial sugar; a big no no. Tasty as hell, but.... Hope you start losing again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skinny Cow has artificial sugar? I hate all of that - I usually can taste it. I thought it was just low fat. It has 100 calories.

      Delete
  3. One of the Eagles died? So sad. I miss Sacramento and San Francisco but not California. Good luck with the weight loss, just keep at it. My downfall is bread. I love bread and will eat only it for a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a thick slice of good sourdough bread with a slab of cold butter. YUM.

      Delete
    2. I meant to add, I am always curious when Californians leave California. In about 10 years we might be looking at that, as well.

      Delete
  4. It's been sooo hot lately, I laugh when they say on the weather it will get cooler, then it's still 78 degrees or something, that's not cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started out warm but mid afternoon, clouds started coming and right now at 8:23 pm it is 77 but it feels good out. The AC if off and I have all the windows open. It smells so good outside now.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts