Saturday, May 04, 2013

vintage redwood lawn chair




53 years old - Redwood lawn chair.  Originally came with another chair, a settee, a little chair-side table and a picnic table with 2 benches.  The picnic table and benches are long gone.  Only had to replace one piece in the front and the little triangle braces.  Everything else is vintage redwood.



I plan to white wash it - but then again, I might not.  We'll see....

Now I have to take apart the other chair and spend next week sanding each piece.  I hope I can salvage as much of the original redwood as I possibly can.

4 comments:

  1. That'll keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. White would look good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the history of old things. It's amazing that you have been able to keep the chairs so many years, and hopefully for many more. Those chairs have the memories of so many people that you loved lingering with them. I hope someday the chairs mean as much to your sons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing stuff like that! You're doing a great job! I'd love to see the other pieces that survived. My only suggestion would be to use redwood when replacing any of the pieces. It looks like you used pine to replace the brackets.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts