Saturday, April 27, 2013

The letter X

Below are some of the things I tried to do for the letter X - HATED ALL OF THEM - So I thought I would just include them all.

My artist interpretation of the letter X
 Go ahead - copy it!


 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


When I was a kid, we called them photocopies.  And they had a funny feel to them - and they often were slightly damp and had a fresh ink smell. We used to call the machines, Photocopiers -  Xerox was one of the many corporations that copied, whoever it was who invented the whole process - So,  like we tend to call tissue, "Kleenex" and aluminum foil, "Reynolds Wrap" many of us, "old-timers" still say,

"Hon go get me a xerox copy, please"

I remember once, when I was about 19 and working in San Francisco - in a office for a dental insurance company - there was a party and people were making photocopies of their butt's.  I don't know if office workers do that anymore.

  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PLEASE NOTE:  I'd have to say, it was my hardest letter to come up with something.  I was going to just post a bunch of images of  "X's".   However, if you google X, and then go to images - well lets just say, I wasn't looking for those kinds of  "X's." 

So I got mad - and thought that X's should be purged from the alphabet. Later realizing, it is not the letter X's fault. 

Poor X.



15 comments:

  1. It is cute. May be I will try it and let my grandson try it. Tough letter though. I still have to come up with one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad it is past me now

      Delete
  2. Agreed it is a rubbish letter! The dictionary isn't much help either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep a total mental block for me

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks - I tried. Glad it's behind me

      Delete
  4. I am glad you included all of your findings. I experienced the same thong when I google imaged x. it wasn't good. eek! Anyway I enjoyed your blog on X

    ReplyDelete
  5. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX's away! I'm joining in with the spirit of things! X is a tough cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was difficult for me to come up with an x too. Such a difficult letter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes X is a hard letter to find anything good to write about. I don't know that y and z is going to be much better. We have almost finished the challenge and that's good. I will miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's taken me a while to get back to you.
    but that's the most exciting X I've ever seen :D

    We've almost made it x

    auntyamo
    http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the letter X. Call me crazy. And I like what you did with the letter. Neat.

    Jan at Website
    Beyond Acadia
    Swamp Lily Review
    Faith Talk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan. You're being kind and a bit crazy! :-)

      Delete
  10. Poor X. I did love the commercial. We are still using plain ordinary paper and I'm glad our copies are still dry. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts