Thursday, April 11, 2013

(A-Z) Medicine Man in the Rainforest Jungle



J is for Jungles

My sons and the Husband like to watch all these survival shows - and I watch them too but every time they are stranded in a jungle - I get the creeps. You see, I don't like Jungles. And that would be because, I don't like Jungle creatures, especially snakes. I never ever considered moving to a jungle or even visiting one. It's not on my bucket list of things to do. Leeches and OMG-sized snakes, BIG huge bugs, and head-hunting cannibals just don't do it for me.  Nothing good ever comes out of a jungle.

The only movie I ever enjoyed watching that was in a rain forest/jungle setting was Medicine Man.

 I'll just leave it at that!

lucky lady!

10 comments:

  1. I love those shows too! Right now there is a show on Swedish TV, a very good one where 10 people with different disabilities do a challenge, this time they cross Nicaragua from coast to coast, walking. There are two lads in wheelchair, two with amputated legs, one blind, etc. It's amazing what they can do, you know, crossing the jungle with wheelchairs!!! But I'm like you, it gives me the creeps too, seeing the bugs, and every time I see them cross waters I think of bugs, parasites and bacteria that can make them sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds interesting. I bet I would like that too!

      Delete
  2. I am not a big fan of jungles either--urban OR rural! :) Happy J day!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too but I am a fan of Sean Connery. :-)

      Delete
  3. That really was a great movie. A bit gross with the spit in the fruit drink but otherwise it was very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have the movie and don't remember that - I guess I was too busy drooling over Sean Connery in that movie.

      Delete
  4. Not seen that movie either, I'd like to go to the jungle but don't think I could with all the big spiders and creepy crawled. Favourite jungle movie, romance in the stone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember that movie! We watch those show too. The ones I hate are anything with snow. Are they nuts? Course that could be from my years of living in NY. :)

    History Sleuth's Writings A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sean did look good in that movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always thought it would be fun to visit a jungle, plus Jungle Jill has a nice ring to it. I am trying to get better about being around snakes, I better hurry up as I start volunteering at a reptile center on Saturday. Eek!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts