Monday, April 15, 2013

A-Z M&M's anyone?

M is for Many M's


M is the first letter of my first born son's name.  Michael died almost 10 years ago.

M is for May 8 - the 10 year anniversary of that horrific day I will never forget. 

M is for Mother's Day.  A silly day in my opinion. 

M is for Mornings - my favorite part of the day. I love the quiet of a peaceful morning.

M is for Mavericks -  formerly a secret-surfing spot just down the coast highway where I grew up. Known now for Winter BIG WAVE surfing.

M is for my Mom. R.I.P.





M is for M&M's - those little chocolate candies that have been around forever - are one of my favorites. I like to put them in the refrigerator.  I haven't had any for awhile, due to my diet.  I can't even have them in the house or I will eat them. Every last one of them.




 M is for Mount Shasta. Just a hour north of me, on the way to Oregon.  Currently dormant it is still considered an active volcano.  I see it every day, as it dominates our landscape. It has snow on it, just about 12 months of the year and has several glaciers. It changes color - in the winter it looks almost blue and in the summer months, during sunset, it is pink.  It is the power-center for many different religious customs, from Native American's to New Age. 

M is for Mondays -  which is TODAY! Now that I am not working, I am finding Mondays are not so bad after all. Everyone goes to work and I get the house to myself.






photo credit: vernhart via photopin cc
 www.lat34.com

16 comments:

  1. Great M post,sorry about your son Michael. I've been there too! It's been almost seven years for me..My youngest son Eric and my youngest daughter Gretchen. Madness right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you. I can't imagine losing 2. Madness yes!

      Delete
  2. A bitter-sweet Memory for you. :hugs: Have a virtual M&M or three - they're safe :) o o o
    Happy A to Z-ing!
    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. No parent should have to face that. :(

    We took a houseboat vacation on Mt. Shasta when our girls were teens, with another family once. Had a blast! Glorious location, even though it was a drought year. You are blessed to be so close to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun. Houseboats are big on Lake Shasta. It's that time of year again....

      Delete
  4. I love what you posted about Michael on my blog once. That he was "off the charts!". I'll bet he loved that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about Michael. You might like to read "The Golden Sky" by EC Stilson. Many people have found some comfort in that book.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janie - I'll have to look for that. I have many grief books, that I am sick of re-reading. I keep them but maybe should buy a new one.

      Delete
  6. Having the house to yourself is nice isn't it? I'm sorry for the loss of your son, your right Mother's Day is stupid and so is Father's Day in my opinion. It just stirs up memories. Not a big fan of m&m for some reason! I'm a strange one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate stirred up memories.

      Delete
  7. I like Mondays - I get the house all to myself and can spend the whole day working.

    Beautiful shot of Mt. Shasta. I grew up in Oregon and miss real mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up just 2 miles from the ocean and while I do miss that, I do love the mountains and forests. I'm surprised I like it here as much as I do.

      Delete
  8. My son is also named Michael. This is a wonderfully eclectic M Day post. Most enjoyable.

    Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillian for stopping by. Happy A-Z to you too.

      Delete
  9. So sorry for the loss of your son, Michael, and your mother. May has always been a rough month for me. Too many sad thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts