Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A new week






So yesterday I dragged my butt to my weigh-in, like a pig to slaughter - feeling ever so sorry for myself so that perhaps, Sarge would go easy on me. I opened the door - there she sat. We exchanged our morning greetings.  It's like she really gets off on weighing me.
 S l o w l y   I place my purse in my cubicle.  She's already at the scales...

I decide to start in,  at the get go - and make my excuses tell her,

"I didn't follow the program this week".

She doesn't bat an eye.  She starts sliding that scale thingy over and over - back....and as I watch the little poky thing on the right settle in, I'm thinking...

"if I didn't have my specs on, I'd think I actually lost a pound. Nooooooooooooooooo that can't be right."

I lost 1.5 pounds!  

Must be stress?  I didn't totally blow it although my meal portions were more than a stack of playing cards or my fist!

I have to keep reminding myself - I have till March 2014 to lose this weight. I am now down to 160.25.  I will dance on tabletops naked, if I can break 159 by next weigh-in.  That is where I was last year when I started my chocolate-chocolate chip muffin binge.  (I love those things) Then I realize  (because nothing fits me) I have gained nearly 15 pounds.  Once I get to 159, then I am back to my old self and can really start losing some of the poundage, I have accumulated over the last 5 years.

Needless to say, I was in a much better mood - I worked out hard and it felt good, both physically and mentally. 

Curves/Avon

Sarge is the one my DM from Avon has to go to - I'm telling you, Sarge is on my side. Very protective of "her own" there at Curves.  I told her, we'll just let whatever happens, happen. 

Then I had a large order.  It's always like Christmas, when an Avon lady gets a order.  So I was a changed person, once I bounced through my front door. 

It turned out to be a productive day. 






photo credit: Creativity+ Timothy K Hamilton via photopin cc

5 comments:

  1. YAY YOU!!!!!

    That weight loss is great!

    But one thing; I was told our meat portion should be about the size of a deck of cards; not our entire meal...?

    You are about 3-4 lbs. ahead of me, (but I'm sure quite a few inches taller, which puts you even further ahead!) You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How short are you? I'm 5'4.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I sure am focused now - I want to break that mark - 159 is my goal for next week.

      Delete
  3. Great vacation might be your dream. Travel to Bali is not always expensive as there are many international flights providing special rates for early bird booking. There are also many selection of Bali hotels offering special discount rates including Bali villas and budget Bali accommodation

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts