Monday, April 01, 2013

A is for the A-Z challenge




It's April 1st and the start of the A to Z challenge I thought I would attempt.  I actually thought it would be easy and it probably would be on any other occasion. Of course, when it's something you want to do well - you go blank!  Am I nervous that many writers and wannabe authors will be critique my writing?  Yes and No.  First lets just get this out of the way, at the get-go. I am not a writer! I honestly do not want to be a writer or Author.  I am a simple, blogger who happens to write and I enjoy it.  I talk slang at times and  I rarely swear unless I am REALLY mad. There is no need to correct me - I am not in school - No one if forcing me to do this and I will not be graded. For me, it is just for fun.

So today the letter A is a introductory post on this writing challenge. A is for the A-Z writing challenge and my goals on how to approach this daily discipline for April.

I am going freestyle - since this is my first stab at this. 

I counted 12 A's  (not including this one)  Can you find more than that? 








 

15 comments:

  1. An awesomely adventurously....mmm I'm out of A's but great job. Good luck! Day one down just 25 more to go :)

    Melissa @ http://mommyismessy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I have them all ready to go - still stuck on a handful of letters...we'll see.

      Delete
  2. Good job! This is my third year. Just pick any word and write about it or a song or whatever. Don't over-think or it becomes work.
    I am definitely not a writer either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year is when I noticed other bloggers doing this and am glad I joined in for this season. It's fun.

      Delete
  3. I counted 21 "A's" but then it's early. You may not want to be a writer or author but because you have something worthy to share, you are by default. That's what keeps me coming back to read what you have to say. Enjoy the challenge for what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly me - I forgot to count the last paragraph which was a add on. Oh well, gotcha counting. :-)

      Delete
  4. Well, it was a very interesting post! Glad your participating, and like me...I am not a writer or an author, publisher or editor....I read a lot, scribble down my thoughts on pads, and one day.....I will be a writer! You may be too! It truly takes a lot of creative thought, and I think a bit of study, which is where I am at right now. I will make it because I want to!! Have fun today, I am going to! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. It is fun.

      Delete
  5. I don't recall you swearing. Maybe you can use those words in this challenge? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I taught myself not to swear because I worked with little children and I don't ever want to start that up again. But believe me, when I get mad - really really mad, I can cuss like every other woman I know. It's funny because everyone knows I rarely cuss and they are always apologizing to me. No worries - it's just not my bag!

      Delete
  6. You will have no problem with the challenge...just write. This is my third year and it is still more fun than challenge. But then I don't take blooging too seriously...just a silly thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just have fun with the challenge. This is my third year and it is still more fun than challenge. But then I don't take blogging to seriously...it's a silly thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you on A-Z. I am an avid coffee drinker...cannot survive without it. My motto is "coffee before kids" because I can't function without it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, that's me as well. I also have a morning ritual - I sit, drink coffee and stare at the wall until it all starts to "work". :-)

      Delete
  9. Popping in from AtoZ
    Look forward to reading more :)

    auntyamo
    http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts