Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What's your number?




This morning I feel slender. That's a good thing to feel like when it's your weigh-in day.  I just hope it's not a mere feeling but more of a solid fact. My scales this morning look like I lost 2 lbs but those big, Doctors-type-scale - now that's another thing. I just hate it when I peel practically everything off, to get on it, in hopes that my watch and eyeglasses will REALLY make THAT much of a difference - I do it every time! Then they start moving that bar...over and over...wait - this way...then you wait for it to level off + Add it together and Voila we have number.

Honestly, in this modern world, you would think the powers that be, could invent a accurate scale, rather than these monstrosities. Oh sure, they have some expensive ones, and digital ones, and then the spring-loaded ones. None of them, record your weight like a good old fashion, professional Doctors-type-scale. Well maybe one of those meat scales, but that would even be worse. I actually like the kind they use at the Vet's office.

My scale is off by about 5 lbs so we have to set it back to 5lbs less so that I don't get a false sense of security.  Sure I could just ADD it in, but eventually I will go back into denial and pretend that number is really MY NUMBER. 

Which brings to mind those beds with a number.  Perhaps a bed that is also a scale...





8 comments:

  1. I "love" my Omron scale. Digital, yes. Highly accurate and consistent, yes!

    Congrats on being down 2 pounds. I don't take off my glasses (I want to be able to read the number, LOL), but I do make sure it's nekkid and after my 'morning constitution.' LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Gwen. I try all of the above but I weigh in at Curves so being "nekkid" would be totally out of the question. :-)

      Delete
  2. My scale is accurate to the cardiologist I saw last year. It is less than what my primary doctor's scale is. So, I just don't pay attention the the primary's scale.
    Maybe you should get a hospital bed. A lot of them have scales built in.
    Congrats on losing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right - hospital beds do have scales in them. I knew I wasn't crazy!!!

      Delete
  3. Slender is sure a good thing to feel on weigh-in day, congrats! My weight is always different at the doctor’s office. LOL about those beds with a number! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slender is a good way to feel ALL THE TIME! :-)

      Delete
  4. I thought I was the only person who totally believed in the accuracy of a scale early in the morning, before dressing and breakfast. I agree that doctor's scales are way way off. I hadn't thought to take off my watch & glasses - hmmmm - wonder how much less I will weigh tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now you know...hope your number is the one you want!!!

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts