Friday, March 08, 2013

This and Fat

I could get my burger protein-style here

So many anniversaries - Today is the anniversary of my first marriage.  37 years ago! Man, that can't be - I'm not that old!  :-)  Married for 24 years, 2 of them spent in separation before the divorce. Oh well - I usually forget about it but today I was reminded. I wonder if the EX ever thinks back?  Oh well, he is the one that made the choices that he did and I was the one who chose him.

I have been following the eating program almost to a T - I do feel discouraged and not confident at all, that I will lose any weight on Tuesday. I am hungry and not at all satisfied. I'm telling you, this is NO WAY to live. Which totally puts me in the LIVE FOR FOOD category! If I could just lose what I want to - I hope and pray I don't ever put those pounds on again, because I HATE THIS!

I'm 166 pounds. I'm 5'4 and small boned but I wouldn't call me petite although I guess when I was 110 pounds I could say that - but in a way, weren't we all petite when we were younger?  I was thin and very active when The Husband and I married 11 years ago.  Then my son died, and I comforted myself with food. I gained about 30 lbs. Then went to Weight Watchers. I did lose about 20.  I also was on a no to low carb diet and lost a lot of weight. That seems to work best for me. Then my dad died and then Mom. I gained it back and was off work for 2 years and was depressed.  It's been at least 5 years since I have seriously dieted and I guess my metabolism is OLD.


maybe if I do good, I can reward myself


I told Curves I wanted to get down to 125 but now I am thinking that might be impossible for me.  I don't really care WHAT I weigh, as long as I look good and feel good and I can do the things I used to do. Since Dec I have only lost 3 or 4 lbs. That was the most I have ever weighed in my life.  The highest I ever got to was 131. So it shook me up when I went to the doctors and saw what I weighed.

This really is a WAR.



photo credit: AMERICANVIRUS via photopin cc

4 comments:

  1. 125 is insanity. I would look gaunt at that weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah see, I don't know what would look good on me. I think my goals might be too unrealistic.

      Delete
  2. I was just telling my wife today (my 3rd wife by the way) that I wish I could just take pills and not eat anymore. I'm sick of food. Well, maybe not all that sick because I keep eating the stuff. I'd like to be able to lose about 40 pounds to get closer to my high school weight of 175 (I'm 5'11"). I feel like I ate way too much today, but not as much as I used to be able to eat. I'm not thrilled about a lot of exercising either, but I probably should walk more often.

    Now a follower of your blog.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, nice to meet you. Walking is the best. It's just getting up and out the door that sometimes is hard for me. Once I am walking, I love it.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts