Saturday, March 30, 2013

taxes, toddlers and enchaladas




The other shoe never fell - but I have pinpointed what might be bothering me. 

  • Property taxes are due the 10th
  • We still have to get our taxes done by the 15th
  • Have to find new Homeowners Insurance by the 23rd
I hate deadlines.  I hate taxes;  we always have to PAY.  And I don't do "change" well.

Last night's potluck was fun. Not a huge group - 4 couples total. 2 young ones with toddlers and us and another couple around our age. Those toddlers were so cute and it was a joy just to watch them. 11 and 17 months. They are so cute at this age. I enjoyed the eye candy, and the fact that the other older couple were the grandparents of one of the toddlers so I didn't have to run around watching them. -  As for my diet - I did have a chicken enchilada, black beans and salad.  It was sooooooooooooooo good. I passed on dessert! 

The Husband is up at the VA cemetery with the honor guard, interning the ashes or cremains of 17 Vietnam Veterans.  These ashes were never claimed by their families.  They are finding these ashes, all over the country.

Today I choose to lay low - and relax - then after that, I will take a nap.







photo credit: JD Hancock via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts