Thursday, March 28, 2013

So how did our dinner/meal go?

WARNING:  This is God stuff that you may not want to read. Do so at your own RISK.





It was fun and the food came out great. There were some things we totally forgot that is so traditional and we usually don't forget - I'm kinda embarrassed to admit what very important thing we forgot.

Okay I'll tell you - We forgot to set a place for Elijah the prophet!  Now that is a BIGGIE!  In Malachi 4:5 

“See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes."

The Jewish people expect Elijah to come at Passover and announce the coming of the Messiah.  However as a believer who already knows the Messiah asYeshua HaMachiach (Jesus the Christ) we believe that prophesy has been fulfilled in Matthew 17 10-13.  We try and keep the Passover, like the way Jesus would have. (The Last Supper was the Passover meal) Honestly I just refuse to get all worked up about it. This was the first time in 11 or so years, that I actually forgot one of the main deals. I set the table and plum forgot.  OH well - LIFE happens. It just goes to show, the FREEDOM we have in Yeshua and I claim that freedom.  We did pour him a glass of wine...at least he had THAT!



Thank God we were not in a Orthodox Jewish home.  I also added butter to my flour-less chocolate cake which is a NO NO.  But since all at the table were "believers" we didn't trip on it. At least they acted as if they were not offended.  So sue me!

There is a saying, "for every 2 Jews, there are 3 opinions."  Oy vey, is that ever the TRUTH!   Drives me nuts sometimes. Like the unleavened bread - I am a literal person. When it says not to eat leavened bread - to me that means bread with yeast in it. But the Rabbi's added all these grains, rice and oats and things that can be made into a flour and turned into bread. No corn, not even cornbread and it has no yeast in it. Not even oatmeal!

So who am I?  I just go along for the ride and anyway, I know that while my family may not have Jewish blood flowing through their veins,  they were very much in love with their Jewish neighbors and 2 of them actually paid the price during the Holocaust as a "Righteous Gentile". 


photocredit: http://homesteadrevival.blogspot.com/2012/04/celebrating-christian-passover.html




4 comments:

  1. Glad it went well (if not ideal. LOL)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the education. Did I ever tell you that I had crushes on several Jewish boys in college...but alas, the feelings were not returned. (One was gay. Oy vey. Who knew? Obviously not me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always found Jewish men to be quite attractive. Oh and Scottish men in kilts too!

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts