Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's a WAR out there



I think by law, an employer is to send their employees, their W-2 forms by the end of Jan or first of Feb.  Since I was working as a independent contractor,  I get a 1099.  But the Dad, is kinda "blonde" at times. I always have to call him, to get it.  Last week he said he mailed it to me on Tuesday.  I still have not received it. I called him back and he insisted he did indeed mail it - so it's lost in the mail - along with my SS# and his.  Needless to say, we are both a little freaked.

I called the post office but since it was sent first-class, there is no tracking.  I immediately checked out life-lock and some of the others. I finally went with Identity Guard through Costco. An additional $12 to my budget - not a lot still,  it's all these little things that add up and I don't like cluttering the budget with all these little bills.  In this case, I had to do it.

The Husband gets real mad at my former boss - because of this. I don't.  I can't see blaming someone when the harm has already been done. 1099 could still show up - next month or so. Most likely it was delivered to the wrong person. Just hope the person is honest.

Finally received my new bank debit card - the replacement due to the unauthorized charges on my checking account. And that was BEFORE my 1099 was mailed out.  I'm telling you, it's a war out there - everyone wants your information so they can use it for their gain.

You have to be real careful.  I remember a few years back down in the bay area, thieves were robbing mail out of mailboxes. Especially when you would put the flag up, alerting the mailman you have mail for them.  Well you were also alerting the crooks too. We have locking cluster boxes. I feel better about that.

I woke up this morning with the "icks."   Kinda nervous, overwhelmed and concerned.  This too shall pass and I am grateful that my stress lately has not been what it has been last year at this time. However when I feel this way, I want to comfort myself with FOOD.  So far, so good but it's looking like it will be a battle again today.

 I will put on my combat boots and continue the march...

photo credit: Omar Omar via photopin cc

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my post about my depression. I see myself in what you said at the end of this, too..."I want to comfort myself with FOOD." Oh, me, too. Last year, my hubby was unemployed for an entire year...exactly...and I ate and ate and ate. I'm now paying the price for that, too. It's so difficult to loose weight at my age (58)!!! I just feel bad for how I've treated this body God gave me....which, kinda leads to more depression...and more eating. I'm a lost cause!! ;-) HOPE you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Debbie - I just turned 59 on the 2nd of March and it is very hard to lose weight. I figure if I take it a day at a time I will get down to my desired weight by next year when I hit the big 6-0. God bless you!

      Delete
  2. That SUCKS. Had my credit stolen a few times, and it really really sucks. Easy to get paranoid. Hopefully the mailed item will show up, scuffed but unopened. Exercise a little more, and find a non-food way to pamper yourself. (read a book, light a candle, go to the park and swing, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I exercised hard today - and then the Husband and I replaced our grill with a new one that works! Now I can grill all my meat. We also stopped at a roadside stand and bought strawberries. Yum!

      Delete
  3. Years ago, I tried to get phone service and found out someone had used my SS# to get service and never paid. I had to send in a copy of my ID and some other stuff to prove I wasn't the man that used my number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY ex ran up a large gasoline bill on a gas credit card that I have never owned. I challenged it on my report that we were divorced at those times the charges were made. Fortunately I did get it off but it took a few months for my credit report to recover.

      Delete
  4. That identity theft stuff is no joke. I hope we can find a way to kick that crime before long.. it's scary out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah because I have heard some people get their credit totally ruined.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts