Friday, March 22, 2013

It is over

The evil intruder and alleged murderer


IN case you didn't get a chance to see my earlier post this morning  click here. 

I took a nap and just logged on to the eagle cam and there was nothing there.  I then checked in with the Facebook group and the report came in,  that Mr. Intruder came into the nest after Liberty went out - he starting pecking at the eaglet and carried it off.

Still don't know where Patriot is - this evil eagle probably has something to do with this.

I'm just so sad - I thought since the Intruder was sitting on the nest, that he was going to accept it as his own. So now I don't know what is going to happen.  This is the first time in many years, that Liberty will now be alone and no eaglets to raise till August when they usually leave. And the biggest question of all is, WILL SHE COME BACK?



This was the last time I saw her - the egg had hatched and she was on top of the little guy. She was dozing on and off. 

The animal world can be so harsh.  I can't tell you how upset this makes me!  It's probably because we have NAMED them. And they've been with us for so long now. It's like they are ours - but the TRUTH is, they have never been ours.





6 comments:

  1. This reminds me of watching Molly the barn owl in San Marcos a couple of years ago. There was no intruder, but some of her babies didn't make it. It was hot as Hell, and the web cam folks finally sprinkled the owl home to cool it down. My son and I were so into it.

    I know how involved you can get...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really bothered me - I had to go to bed early last night to keep from thinking about it.

      Delete
  2. How disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is - but it's nature and these things happen - just not within the view of a eagle-cam.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Coffee Lady! Found you on the A to Z blogging challenge! Love the eagle post. You don't see that every day. I'm also a fan of coffee. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Luana - Thanks for finding me. Blessings back at ya!

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts