Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Even crooks need dental care





I finally jarred that solid, mass of fat, slowing down my metabolism. I lost 3 lbs and also lost in all areas of my body except the abdomen and hips. So I was pleased. It's interesting, that now I feel more motivated. It's not fun eating food that does not turn you on, and not losing weight. It's a good thing too because I was getting discouraged. I do believe it is the exercise and all the walking that is doing it.

Yesterday I was getting together all my information for my little Avon business for taxes and I noticed on my checking account there was a debit deduction for some dental insurance. First a $30 charge, then $7.95 a month. I don't know how I missed that on my account. So I phoned the company and they did not have my name or record of anyone in my family - I then called the bank and they cancelled my debit card and if they charge against my account next month then that would mean they have the routing number and account. How do these thieves find this stuff out. This is a little checking account that I use for my own personal use or for Avon. The balance goes up and down.
I would sure like for the company to find out who did this - I would press charges. It's not the $60 so much - I am grateful it wasn't more but the fact that they feel they can get away stealing. The lady at the bank and I did giggle, about the fact that you would think they would of used my account for at least something better than dental insurance.

All afternoon I was knee deep in paperwork. Ran out of printer ink. I still haven't received my 1099 form from the nanny family. I called him and he said he just mailed it out.

It's hard to believe in a few short weeks it will be April. Mid March flies by fast for me, which is when we usually start all our taxes and such. Then after April 15, summer comes fast. Seems it was just Christmas and a New Year....



 photo credit: Pink Sherbet Photography via photopin cc

10 comments:

  1. Hi! Good for you for losing those 3 lbs. Dieting is no fun. I used to sell Avon many years ago when I lived in CA. Have 5 Mrs. Albees (love those!). Yeah, how do thieves find our accounts? I am with you on trying to find out who did this, no charge is too small. It’s the violation of privacy and knowing someone had your info. Two years ago, we kept getting small eBay charges on our checking acct. The bank was no help b/c every charge was $10 or under (all they did was give us back the credit), and eBay was no help either in tracing it. Finally got disgusted and closed our acct with that bank and that seemed to solve the problem. Never did find out how that happened. I sure hope you have better luck and find out who did this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had some other identify theft issues. Once was my ex - ran up some huge gas card bills. I was fortunate that I could contest those charges and get them wiped off my credit report. It's that time of year to run a free credit report!

      Delete
  2. Coffee Lady! I am so proud of you. But I have bad news...I gained three pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahah, I wonder where they went! too funny.

      Delete
  3. That is awesome on you weight loss.

    I know how you feel, it's so frustrating when you're doing everything right and the weight is just not dropping. I have been on a plateau for months now and finally seeing some change but it's because I started Zumba last week.

    The things we go through huh? lol

    That's horrible about your bank account, seriously, I don't know how they get people's information, so scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Zumba will kill me. They offer it at Curves and I haven't done it yet.

      Delete
  4. Time does fly by fast/
    Ia m glad that you are having a healthy approach to loosing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear you had a 3 pound loss.

    Why don't people earn their own money. I just don't get how they think it's okay to take someone elses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wonder how they get the information. It makes me want to just close out all accounts.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts