Wednesday, March 06, 2013

eat to live or live to eat?




Yesterday I went to my weigh-in and I didn't lose or gain. I'm stuck.  Since Dec. when I first started to "diet"  I have only lost 4 lbs.  I guess when you eat practically half a birthday cake, you can't expect to lose any weight. So now I have to dig in - all those minor holidays are over and it's time to get down to business. I haven't been trying very hard.

I am once again ecstatic that my exercise is "covering" for my naughty food choices.  See, I am not a big in-between meal snacker (unless there are cookies and cake in the house)  Sometimes I skip lunch or don't have breakfast. So my body goes into STARVATION MODE.   I need to "eat more (of the right foods) to lose more." 

What a friggen battle this is becoming.  I hate this!

So I went grocery shopping and bought all the right foods. The Husband who is skinny tells me to  eat to live - not live to eat.  That's easy for him to say.







photo credit: malias via photopin cc

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a breakfast person (I skipped it today), but I keep reading and hearing that people who lose weight eat breakfast. If you don't eat breakfast it slows down your metabolism. If I do the cereal, I have a sugar crash and I can't stand the sight of omelets after the South Beach diet. It's hard. I'm stuck too. I peddled my little heart out at spin class yesterday and hardly ate anything and I gained half a pound. Eff that scale. I'm trying to eat to live. But there's so much dang food out there! LOL Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast is the most important meal - and I am not a breakfast person either. I forget to eat all the time. So today I have made myself eat something. We'll see.

      Delete
  2. I'm guilty of live to eat. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. today ever time I choked down something that was just not what I really wanted, I chanted, "eat to live, eat to live". Hmmmm, I think I'll just die. :-)

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts