Friday, March 15, 2013

A Bathtub fetish?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


In our hall bathroom we have a fiberglass bath tub - and shower. I've never had one before and I hate it. Do they even make them anymore? I like regular bath tubs - the kind you can clean good and it sparkles and shines.  In my old house, I had a bathtub that was 40 years old and that tub still shined!

When we bought the house, there was a stain on the bottom - I tried and tried to scrub it out but to no avail. Now that my 2 sons use that bathroom, (and I refuse to clean their bathroom) they tend to let it get dirtier than I ever would. Now that Navy is working at a corporate janitorial service, he comes home telling me he is going to give our place a good professional-style cleaning. Yesterday he cleaned my kitchen like a pro. Wow. My 20 year old stove/oven looks great. I haven't used the oven yet, but sure hope it doesn't smoke like it had been doing, tripping off every smoke-alarm in the house.  So today he will be doing the bathroom and the TUB.  I searched online and found out the best way to clean a stained fiberglass tub was to use EASY-OFF Oven Spray - the one in the blue can with no fumes. This one DIY forum I was reading, everyone was praising the miraculous effects, of this oven-spray-cleaner.  Also read where the Dollar-Tree has a oven-cleaner that cleans fiberglass bathtubs well too.

I sure hope it works - I get so discouraged by that tub, sometimes I just want to PAINT IT!  Oh and also,  I read as well, that W-D40 is also good for cleaning bath tubs. Afterwards, a good auto-polish and buffer seals the surface.

If this doesn't work, we're going to have to do something else - maybe sandblast the dang thing.




 photo credit: Thomas Hawk via photopin cc

2 comments:

  1. Navy is welcome at my house. Seriously, wouldn't that be a good side business? Women clients would love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send him right over! :-)

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts