Monday, February 25, 2013

walking



Yesterday I took a a long walk - an hour and 15 minutes.

I've always been a "walker".  My mom said I started walking at 7 1/2 months old. I've also always been a fast walker. No one can keep up with me and it's very hard for me to just take a "stroll".  If I have to stroll, then I'd much rather just stay home and sit. The Husband tends to stroll -

I really enjoyed my walk but at times, I was looking forward to the end. The end is so much better than the beginning of a walk. At least for me. AT the end, I may be tired and starting to slow down but I see light at the end of the tunnel. I feel accomplished and quite proud of myself. That I actually got out and took a walk.  I have to get into that cycle again. 10 years ago, I would walk 5-6 miles a day. Now?  Lets not go there.  My foodie son walks a lot. He does not drive a car. He has always been our naturalist/conservationist.  Of course living in a urban area, with buses and trains and BART, one never needs to even own a car. However, now we are living in this semi-rural town - public transportation sucks. So he walks and or bikes everywhere the local bus does not go. He must put in 10 miles a day. He loves it though. Just not in the rain.

So today, I HOPE I can do this again. I must get into the habit of walking again because for me, that has always been the best exercise.  Tomorrow is my weigh in at Curves. Last week I lost 1 pound. It's a battle.




photo credit: elizabethdonoghue via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts