Thursday, February 21, 2013

The low-man on the totum pole is NOT the problem


 I'm hearing about all this budget crap from the government. How they plan to implement furlough days, once a week to save $$.  Many believe government workers get high pay etc. Most do not. I'm not talking about the top dogs - but the little guys. The clerks, the security guards, the janitors etc.  Yeah we're all in this together, but it's a bit lopsided.  These cuts and furlough days only hurt the little guy and lets get real here - the little guy is NOT the problem. 


 So Little Guy (or low-man) gets 3 more furlough days a month along with the 1 he already has been taking - that now amounts to about $550 or more cut in their take home pay. Little Guy has no choice but to check out Government assistance since he is unable to roll with this major cut to his budget. That is why food stamps and other programs are becoming easier to obtain - they have broadened their qualifications.  But how long will that last before they raise the bar?

Little Guy could go out on those furlough days and try and get a 2nd job. He is out there with all the other low-men or little guys,  who are trying desperately to do the same thing. No jobs are available to them.

I watch, listen and read the news.  Everything reported tends to say we are on a up-swing - the economy is improving.  I am a very congenial person and always willing to give a new President a chance - but this is crazy.  I honestly do not think this President knows what the heck he is doing. THERE, I've said it! 

I've been trying not to notice many things regarding this administration. I can't help it anymore. It's blaring out at me. So many inconsistencies - and as far as I am concerned, we are totally off track.  It's like they keep getting off the real issues and on to these rabbit trails - to keep the masses thinking, all is well.

I really shudder to think of what this nation is going to look like, 4 years from now. Heck for that matter, I shudder to think what the Little Guy will look like,  4 years from now.  Will he still have a home? Will he lose everything he has worked hard to get?

We are so screwed. 


6 comments:

  1. I would have liked a change in the top guy, that's for sure. Not sure if there are any good choices out there but you are so right the little guy is getting littler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the problem. I don't care or trust any of the politicians on both sides. We really need a 3rd party.

      Delete
  2. Little guy will be living in his car thanks to the budget cuts and all the other baloney. I still don't doubt that it will happen to me. Thank God my car is comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not ever lived in a car - but I have lived in a motor-home. If push comes to shove and we have to sell our home - we still have that little home on wheels. Hope it doesn't come down to that!

      Delete
  3. The sequestering makes me furious! Is the President or Congress or any of those bigwigs going to lose a day a pay period? For us it will be painful but it won't be harsh to lose that money- hubby just finished his RN and got a big salary jump going from LPN to RN that we haven't completely absorbed into the budget ;) But it will make a difference to the little people around us. Our bills will get paid, my kids will get fed, but I won't have the extra slush to shop at the Farmer's Market this summer and pay more for local veggies that help out the farmer down the road, I won't have the extra to take part in the fundraisers for good things that could happen if they can raise enough money, I won't have the extra that might make the difference of whether I buy from a local brick and mortar or just order it from Amazon, I won't be buying treats at the local espresso bar when I can make it at home for pennies, we won't pay to swim at the pool when we can go to the river for free, etc. My $20 here or $20 there will add up when its removed from the local economy along with everyone's else $20...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. plus you have a big family. I have to hand it to you. We are inching toward retirement in about 10 years and I try not to think about it - it upsets me. I have no idea if we'll end up having to sell our home or what. And yes, those big wigs higher up are not the ones who will be taking a paycut. And they are also the ones who voted for this health care for us, yet they all have a better health plan than the rest of us do. I think they should have the same one as we do.

      Who says we don't have a class system here in US? Its' the Government and then the People and the people are the ones that get to suffer for all the bad decisions the government makes all because they themselves do not want to do what it takes. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts