Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No butts about it...

My gluteus maximus is really sore this morning. That whole region down there has had it's flabby world, jarred. I did some squats yesterday and they felt good but a few hours later, I was sore. I'm fine when I am up and about; walking. But when I sit too long, I get stiff. I even woke up this morning before 5am, because I could feel it. 

Today I weigh-in. Surely to goodness, I have at least maintained. We'll see if I dodged the extra poundage from the hamantaschen cookies from this weekend by my power walks.

At least now, I know the muscles in my butt are responding - they've been relatively silent. Oh I feel them a little, but I'm one of those who believe in the "no pain - no gain" Rule - So I am encouraged.

I feel good and have more energy. Still not up to where I used to be. I am noticing more mental clarity and creativeness. Right now I feel I could do anything I put my mind to.

The weather has  been nice - After my morning work-outs and walk I come home and sit in the yard in the sun and just soak it all in. I love the sun. I noticed I am getting color on my face, arms and neck. Now is the time to do it - the summer sun here is just too hot.



7 comments:

  1. The sun sounds so nice. We are getting freezing rain today.

    At least when you get sore you feel you've accomplished something. Keep up the good work.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your weigh-in. Have you taken your measurements? I have 15 years of measurements in a journal. The only one that never changes is my wrist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - wow 15 years of measurements? It had been a long time since I had been measured and I was shocked. I basically have the shape of a box. Sarge took my measurements last month and I had lost mostly in my arms and boobs and my waistline but not yet in my hips and butt.

      Delete
    2. Well if the scales doesn't budge, but the measurements shrink, and the clothes feel loose, throw out the scale. :-)

      Delete
    3. I use the Curves scale. Ours is off - about 5 lbs less. We need a new scale.

      Delete
  3. It's much better to be sore and achy from exercise than to just be achy from atrophied muscles. I am glad your weathers nice, we had freezing rain this morning. Keep up the good work

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True and I've had that - Yep the sun is sooooooooo nice. Keep warm!

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts