Saturday, February 02, 2013

My connection with the 49ers






So tomorrow is the Super Bowl - I'm a longtime 49er fan. When I was a kid, living in San Francisco's Haight Ashbury, we lived around the corner from Kezar Stadium, where the old 49ers used to play. We had a long driveway - and when there was a game, we would rent out the long driveway for parking.  Actually it was me, with the help of my Dad who was teaching me about running a business.  My dad helped me make up some business cards and I did flyer's and made signs. I did this for 3 years and had my repeat steady customers.  We could fit about 5 cars - My dad would jockey the cars around. They even gave me tips! 




From our flat - we could hear the roar of the crowd.  I loved it. It was always a festive affair during game-day.  People wearing hats and 49er colors. 

 

Then the hippies came - and the war-protests came. My dad didn't want us living there anymore.  We could hardly walk down the street, without stepping in human feces.  The smell of urine was everywhere.  So we sold out and moved to a sleepy little beach town, south of San Francisco. Now that same flat and home sells for 3.million.  (Dad should of just rented it out)

The peace-loving hippies, in-spite of what you've heard, really trashed our beautiful area. It was no wonder the 49ers had to move on - to Candlestick or as we lovingly call it, "THE STICK".




Many good memories there - Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry killed a serial killer at Kezar in the movie Scorpio - and of course, who could forget the music...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts