Thursday, February 14, 2013

How I met the Husband




This is anniversary week!  Saturday is our 11th year. 

How I met the Husband, still makes me smile and shudder at the same time. I met him online! This was about 15 years ago and back when AOL was popular and in it's hey-day. I was posting on a AOL-divorced-christian message board - the discussion was about whether or not divorce and remarriage is a sin.  If you want to get me furious, just misinterpret the Bible and judge me, how I am going to hell, because I divorced my first husband. Then if you really want to make me even madder (if that is even possible) judge me again, on how I am a adulterous because I remarried. Lets NOT even go there!

So I was discussing this and getting angry as I tried to make my point among these hateful, judgmental people. When this one post on the board, agreed with me. He also signed his post, "Shalom."

I was not looking to remarry or have a man in my life. I was perfectly content. I was raising up my 3 sons, sending one to college. I loved my life. I felt freer than I ever had. Not that it was perfect - especially finances. But I was getting by.  Being the nice person I am, I emailed him to thank him for his support. I also asked him if he was a Jewish believer in Jesus since I had a natural love for Israel and the Jewish people since I was a child. My mothers side of the family, were German Catholics who died in the Holocaust as Righteous Gentiles. One great uncle was married to a Polish Jew and together they had a daughter. They all died. I've always felt a bond with the Jewish people.

This started a email/friendship that evolved into a long distant romance. And romantic it was.  I've never been wooed - or pursued in a romantic way.  He was in Florida at the time, taking care of his elderly father and step-mother.  When it was time for him to leave and go back to WA state, he came by San Francisco, to meet up with me.  I had not seen his picture - and vise versa. I did fall in love with the man from the inside out.

I saw him as he pulled up to my house - he got out and had flowers. He was not as I expected and wasn't really "my type" in the physical form. But I did feel something for him, I had not felt before.

I believe I was one of the lucky ones, although luck had nothing to do with it. I believe he was the right one for me.  We romanced a long distant relationship for about 4 years. I kept him at bay - he wanted to rush things and I was leery about remarriage period. It was 9-11 that made me realize, that I did not want to sabotage this relationship any longer because of fear, so I accepted his proposal and we married Feb 16, 2002.

I have no regrets. He's a wonderful man.  I've been blessed.

3 comments:

  1. He must be a good guy, you always speak highly of him. Except that he's a people lover. Tee here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant tee hee. Dang auto correct. We did go out early last night with the rest of Small Town at 5:00 pm. Dang people.

      Delete
  2. Oops, I congratulated you too late! LOL I came by to visit you, since you left a comment on my last blog post. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts