Saturday, February 16, 2013

For better or worst



It has not been easy, these 11 years.  We've seen a lot of heartbreak and shared grief.  It was a little over 1 year into our marriage when my first-born son died at the age of 25.  Then a couple of years later my dad died and I was trying to take care of my Mom, long distance and it ended with her committing suicide in 2008.  My best friend died in 2010.   I have spent a good part of our married-life grieving.

If it had been my first husband, he would of never stayed around. This Husband,  has nurtured me and stood by my side, as I grieved. The only time, we had to see someone for our marriage was when he was getting frustrated, that I was not getting any better after I lost my son. The marriage counslor told him, to back off and to give me the time to grieve in my own way. That helped.  Now if I do cry, he lets me and doesn't try and fix it.

I hope to make it up to him for the rest of our time together. We certainly have had our share of the good times as well as the bad.  It's called life and so far we have survived. 


1 comment:

  1. .. in sickness and in health. I'm glad you have someone that stands by you and nurtures you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts