Friday, January 04, 2013

Quiet time in the evening -

Sunset at Whiskeytown Lake



The husband is at the VFW - it's their monthly meeting. I can now enjoy some quiet time.  I did get a lot accomplished today, even though I am totally thrown off my game. I worked out at Curves - and then came home and did what I was trying to avoid - Pay Bills and look at what I have to work with, for this month of no paycheck.  Dum de dum dum!
(See 31 Days of Challenge)


No Costco for us this month. ;-(


It's NOT that bad - not good either and I will have to be really really creative and do some big time praying that we can make it without putting a dime on a credit card!  The husband keeps saying we can get some help from the VFW but I don't want to go that route. I get this feeling that we can do this. Put it this way, it is not going to kill us. And we know this is just a temporary situation; a financial inconvenience - next month and the next we'll be back to normal.



Are you itching yet?


Daisey Mae was bathed and got her nails cut and grinded. I ran out of that flea treatment and that stuff is expensive - It will have to wait till February.  I didn't find any fleas on her.


Good news  - My husband received a increase in his military pension. I sure hope that is not on the table to be cut. He earned that. We are still waiting to hear on his VA partial disability - if they are going to bump it up from 20% to 30% or more. He sees the VA doctor on Monday.

I get so sick of always having to think about money - and paying things. Who said being a grown-up was fun, exciting and all?  Me?  Yeah, I think I did say that when I was like 9 or 10 years old...

Me at 9 and De Doe the Rat 4.







photo credit: esagor via photopin cc
photo credit: windley via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts