Tuesday, January 08, 2013

long drives




We're having some beautiful early spring-like weather. I love the sunshine, especially in the winter.  Clear days, where I can see the snow capped Mt Shasta and Mt Lassen in the distance shining against the brilliant blue sky. I'd love to go for a drive, but with our tight budget this month, it's best I wait till later.

I miss those days when we'd go for drives - long drives. It's like modern day exploring. As a kid, my dad would always take us for long drives - San Francisco to Washington DC - to New York - Tennessee - Ohio - Indiana - The World's Fair in Spokane - to San Diego and Tijuana.

I'd love to get in my car and just go - I also love to drive. (should of been a trucker) I'd take back roads for the most part.



1 comment:

  1. My dad loved driving. We didn't have money for vacations, plus mom didn't like traveling, so we just took trips to nearby towns and explored them. It was fun....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts