Monday, January 21, 2013

God Bless America Today and Tomorrow












Last time I was in DC was summer of 1972.  I have always loved American history since I was a child.  So for me, whether or not I agree with the politics of whoever is being sworn in, I can't help but stand with pride with the rest of the country, when a President is being sworn in.

"I have decided to stick with Love; Hate is too great a burden to bear" Martin Luther King

Plus with President Obama, there is even more to be proud of. The first Black President being worn in for the 2nd time - on Martin Luther King Day. Could it get any more sentimental?

As I wipe away the tears, I am reminded that today REALLY is just a lot of pomp and ceremony and we all feel good.  Tomorrow we get back to work.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today"
Abraham Lincoln

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." Dr. Seuss


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts